• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FSPinNY

Made me proud to be at the event  ;D  Well done folks.  My butt is sore from all the driving over the last four days but it was well worth it. Got to see many new towns and rule some out. So nice to see my Porc friends. Many of you I don't know yet, but soon. 

A realization about trying to choose a town and moving there - I don't have to!  I could move to a temporary apt. and look from there over a month or two.  That certainly takes the pressure off!  Anyone know of dog-friendly, not in the heart of a city, month by month apartment?

Brian

davemincin

Hey Lloyd...a fair question...but keep hearing from Ian the radio dude that Keene is the hot bed of activism in NH, like the rest of the folks aren't doing anything?

Just wanted to throw it out!  Do believe the Keene folks are doing stuff, but they are far from the only folks who are doing stuff.  Russell, Kat, Dawn, maybe Caleb... ok, perhaps Jim....who else?  Oops the folks from from via AZ or where ever, but think about the other folks all over NH...could do names, but do I really need too?

Just figured someone needed to stand up and speak for all the folks who are quietly doing stuff all over NH.

Think the Keene folks have been super in what they have done, but they are no where the only folks who are doing stuff or even the majority of folks who are active in the freedom fight in NH.

Believe because they are so vocal here that folks who don't live here get the wrong impression. :)

davemincin

Quote from: John on April 23, 2006, 08:51 PM NHFT
Hey Dave,
I'll boost your Karma - even though that post makes me say WOW.

Thanks John...actually lost 4 since yesterday...even with you positive one....Hoping my last post explains a bit were I'm coming from. :)

FSPinNY

Well, I'm out here looking in on you folks in NH and I see activism all over the state by many, many people.  :)

John

"thinking" ( :)) we are all cool!  We each do what we can.

I'm jumping before i start to dabate . . .
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3551.msg62558#new

"Might as well jump!"

intergraph19

Is there anything planned for the next vote on 1582?  A show of support would always be a good thing.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: John on April 23, 2006, 09:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 23, 2006, 07:46 PM NHFT

What the HELL prompted this? 

You must have promted that Lloyd.  You're the one who car pooled caravaned all "those people" from "out west."  (Sorry I couldn't help it.  :o)
Peace!

Actually,John I got a ride in from Keene ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: davemincin on April 23, 2006, 10:19 PM NHFT
Hey Lloyd...a fair question...but keep hearing from Ian the radio dude that Keene is the hot bed of activism in NH, like the rest of the folks aren't doing anything?
I can never remember to listen to FTL, but, I bet they will be talking about the Rally that was held saturday.  You should call in and make sure the right people get the credit.

Believe because they are so vocal here that folks who don't live here get the wrong impression. :)
They started this forum to be vocal, but, it is open to everyone.  I'm only on two forums and this one is very popular!

Friday

Quote from: intergraph19 on April 24, 2006, 06:02 AM NHFT
Is there anything planned for the next vote on 1582?  A show of support would always be a good thing.

Yes!  If you can, please go to Concord on Wednesday.  Meet up with the group in the cafeteria of the State House at 8:30AM.  They are going to stand en masse WHERE THE SENATORS WILL SEE THEM (i.e. if you insist on doing your own thing, your effort may be wasted; you need to know where the Senators park, and therefore which route they'll be taking).  You can also watch the committee proceedings (without participating), which start at 10:30, so professional dress is preferred.

Friday

Maybe FTL talks about the folks in Keene because they call FTL?  I seriously doubt Ian has a blackout policy on callers from the rest of the state.

FYI, I urged the rally organizers to call FTL after the rally, knowing that FTL would love to have someone talk about it, and it would be more press coverage.  Guess they chose not to do so. And yes, I could have done it myself, but getting interviewed live on the radio "isn't my bag, baby".

Tunga

Tunga

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/REPOSITORY/604230386/1043/NEWS01

To illustrate that point, Lauren Canario and Jim Johnson, members of the Free State Project, dressed in Nazi beige and stood watch over a mock guard shack at the edge of the lawn. To pass through the fake gate to the free popcorn stand and rally ahead, passersby had to say "F U."

"You can't get by without cursing the Nazis," said Canario, who was holding a sign that read "Say Yahvol to Real ID."

;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Tunga on April 24, 2006, 07:09 AM NHFT
http://cmonitor.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=0&image=11983972&thispage=1

Thanks for the link to Batman's picture. ;D

QuoteCaption: William Grant, 5, of Vermont stands with his mother and checks out the scene at yesterday's rally to protest a national identification. His mother, Elizabeth, said that William wanted to wear his Batman costume so that no one would know his true identity. April 22, 2006 (Concord Monitor photo/Preston Gannaway)

Tom Sawyer

Posted links to pictures from the rally on SunniMaravillosa.com

Blog entree was talking about if people should flee the US. Wanted to remind folks it's our children's generation that will bear the real burden if we allow this country to slip further into a police state.

jgmaynard

I'm glad you all liked the letter. I just sent it out. :D

JM