• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I got through very early (10:10 pm or so) to Mat Drudge's show's screener last night, but he said they didn't want to take the call because they didn't have enough info.
Drudge is always barking about this kind of stuff, so I thought he would take the call "cold."  . . . asked me to email somthing . . . I sent Katherine's post with the "We're afraid to go to NH..." quote/article & the link to the Concord Monitor article.  It never got mentioned.

If Drudge has not gotten a press kit (or whatever is the right info to send).  I think he should.

jgmaynard

OK Dave, I gave you a karma point - ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  ;)

But it was mainly for being such a great guy...

JM

Kat Kanning

I had to smite Jim once to keep balance in the universe.

Tom Sawyer

John

OK folks I got onto Free Talk Live and gave then an update.
And, YOU should TOO!  It is easy.

Call 1-800-259-9231 NOW: I'm sure that they (hosts as well as audience) are all looking forward to hearing more!

You can do at least as well as I - and you should.

John

Friday

a message from Joel:

I just got word that Rep. Neal Kurk and Katherine Albrecht will be on
My TV Prime, a live call in talk show.  This airs on WNDS-50 out of
Derry, most cable providers carry it.  They will be discussing HB1582
and REAL ID in New Hampshire, and encouraging people to call their
senators.

For anyone able to tune in at 8:00, you will have an oppertunity to
call in and voice your thoughts on the air.  The first few calls go a
long way towards setting the tone of the show.

jgmaynard

Quote from: katdillon on April 24, 2006, 04:45 PM NHFT
I had to smite Jim once to keep balance in the universe.

Just to show you what kinda guy I am, Kat, I GAVE you one karma point.

Feel pretty bad now, don't ya?  ;)

When are they going to be on? I don't think you gave a date Friday..... Or is it Friday?  ;) Is this the show hosted by Arnie Arnensen?

JM

FTL_Ian

To anyone calling in FTL, please listen prior to calling unless you're calling at 7pm ET, to be the first caller of the night.  If you call in to tell us the event went great, don't be the 2nd person to do so, be the first.  Otherwise when you come on, we'll just alert you that someone called earlier, and you'll sound silly.

And yes, it was a shame no one called on Sat. that night holds our biggest radio audience.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: davemincin on April 23, 2006, 10:19 PM NHFT
Hey Lloyd...a fair question...but keep hearing from Ian the radio dude that Keene is the hot bed of activism in NH, like the rest of the folks aren't doing anything?

I've never suggested the other activists aren't doing anything.  Dave, I realize that there are activists everywhere.  It just seems to me that the hub of activity is in Keene.  I call it like I see it.  If it's not actually the hub, just give me a little time, and it will be.   8)

Tom Sawyer

When I googled -- Concord NH anti real ID rally --
the NHunderground is the second listing.

All this typing pays off in the search engines. ;D
With the huge amount of text this forum generates it can't help but rank well for the keywords.

See if your postings show up high in the search results... Dada Orwell's posts consistently rank up there. :icon_pirat:

cathleeninnh

I don't see Keene as the hub of activity, but enough goes on there to keep an activist busy without having to ever leave. It is a good choice unless you want large turnouts. It just isn't central enough to get everyone together.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

Quote from: cathleeninnh on April 25, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
I don't see Keene as the hub of activity..... It just isn't central enough to get everyone together.
We will have to work on that.
If we get enough guys here and split from NH ..... then we will be central. :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: cathleeninnh on April 25, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
It is a good choice unless you want large turnouts. It just isn't central enough to get everyone together.

Cathleen

Hmm, so the Keene people are willing to travel to attend Concord area events but the door doesn't swing both ways?  I bet you're wrong, and if there is an exciting event happening in Keene, then people will turn out.

Besides, FTL will draw new people to Keene, so it won't matter if no one else in the state wants to make the drive.

Also, in other news, I just got off the phone with Senator Eaton.  He claims he's read part of 1582, which I'm not sure I believe, because it's so damn short I don't know how you could just read part of it.  He says he's still "up in the air" on it.  I told him about the successful rally.

Dreepa

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 25, 2006, 01:01 PM NHFT
  He claims he's read part of 1582, which I'm not sure I believe, because it's so damn short I don't know how you could just read part of it.  He says he's still "up in the air" on it.  I told him about the successful rally.
sounds like a true politician.  He just doesn't want to tell you no.

Maybe if he could get a few dozen calls from people in the 'Keene Metro Area'.