• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Will there be a record of how all the senators voted on this bill?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on April 25, 2006, 01:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 25, 2006, 01:01 PM NHFT
  He claims he's read part of 1582, which I'm not sure I believe, because it's so damn short I don't know how you could just read part of it.  He says he's still "up in the air" on it.  I told him about the successful rally.
sounds like a true politician.  He just doesn't want to tell you no.
That is so funny .... he read part of a one paragraph bill. If he hasn't decided, maybe he should read the bill.

Dreepa

Quote from: katdillon on April 25, 2006, 02:12 PM NHFT
If they roll call vote they will.

John

"...Senator Eaton.  He claims he's read part of 1582... "

:o ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o ::)

John

I'm thinking they should be proud to stand on the side of Liberty and they should have a roll call.  On the other hand, they may be too afraid of the feds to have their identities know.

If they don't have a roll call vote and we win, I may not ask too many questions this time.
If they don't have a roll call vote and we lose, I'll assume the worst of all of those who did not take a very clear public stand.

Dreepa

Quote from: John on April 25, 2006, 03:41 PM NHFT
If they don't have a roll call vote and we win, I may not ask too many questions this time.
If they don't have a roll call vote and we lose, I'll assume the worst of all of those who did not take a very clear public stand.
Good points!

intergraph19

Quote from: Friday on April 24, 2006, 06:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: intergraph19 on April 24, 2006, 06:02 AM NHFT
Is there anything planned for the next vote on 1582?  A show of support would always be a good thing.

Yes!  If you can, please go to Concord on Wednesday.  Meet up with the group in the cafeteria of the State House at 8:30AM.  They are going to stand en masse WHERE THE SENATORS WILL SEE THEM (i.e. if you insist on doing your own thing, your effort may be wasted; you need to know where the Senators park, and therefore which route they'll be taking).  You can also watch the committee proceedings (without participating), which start at 10:30, so professional dress is preferred.

*sigh* always when I'm working.   :-[

John

btw, Karl Beisel has the "ANOTHER VEIW" opinion column in today's Union Leader: New Hampshire can stop the coming federal police state

Friday

Quote from: jgmaynard on April 24, 2006, 11:52 PM NHFT
When are they going to be on? I don't think you gave a date Friday..... Or is it Friday?  ;) Is this the show hosted by Arnie Arnensen?

JM

It was last night, Jim. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Friday

Quote from: Dreepa on April 25, 2006, 02:52 PM NHFT
If they roll call vote they will.

There will definitely be a roll call.  Don Gorman already got one of the Senators to agree to call for one (I forget who).

dawn

Maybe Senator Eaton meant that he was still reading through all the materials he's received today on the bill. Joel Winters put together a packet of info that was given to him to ask for support of the bill and there were two guys from Washington (I forget who they were representing - guess Gregg or Bradley) in the Senate President's office all day today trying to woo Senators to be against the bill and therefore in favor of the REAL ID.

These guys were very sneaky and took the side door out of the office so that Joel and others who were there ALL DAY (9 - 3:30) wouldn't get a chance to talk to them. Cowards!

John

When someone on the committee (at the public hearing) said he would be checking with our congressional delegation, it became clear to me that there would be some behind-the-scene manuvering . . . If we lose this vote, I'll asume the worst of any/all in our congressional delegation who has/have not taken a clear PUBLIC stance with us.

As a (small l) libertarian who has leaned very, very generously towards their party since my first vote in 1980, I am sickened by what is going on.

If they can not find their way to support us on this, then how can any of us ever trust/support those who would do this to us?  I, for one, am very tired of being played!

To paraphrase our president: If they are not with us on this one, they are against us.

Tom Sawyer

KBCraig

Quote from: Rearden on April 26, 2006, 04:46 AM NHFT
According to Associated Press reports, the House Judiciary Committee sent two staff members to Concord yesterday, armed with letters from Representatives Bradley and Bass, to twist the arms of our elected state senators and lobby them to vote against HB 1582, a bill to forbid our great state from participating in the so-called REAL ID Act.

Rearden, this needs to be a letter to the UL and Monitor. Please send it.

Excellent work!

Kevin