• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

davemincin

Quote from: aries on April 26, 2006, 07:29 PM NHFT
QUESTION - when this passes, will police in other states not be able to run our IDs as they can now?

Just curious.

No disrespect intented, but when you have an advantage as we have now, you press it.  You continue on our present course until the Senate passes NH1582, then the governor signs it.  Don't deviate from the course.  We are not there yet.  Once we are then we weigh our options.

In plan and simple words:  "Don't count your chickens before the hatch. ;)"  We are close, but we are not there yet.  We must keep pushing and hoping for a victory! ;D

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Rearden on April 26, 2006, 04:46 AM NHFT
According to Associated Press reports, the House Judiciary Committee sent two staff members to Concord yesterday.

I can't find this report mentioned anywhere.  Where did you find it?

I don't believe you made it up to enflame our anger, but if you did it really worked!

I called Senator Eaton and gave his message machine quite a rant this morning.  :hopmad:

davemincin

Check out the AP article that is part of the post I copied from Joel,
it is in that article.  Also I talked the several of the folks who were passing
out Sunni's letter Tuesday who also confirmed them being there.

Tom Sawyer

Hey can anybody help me out with the editing process that is likely to go late into the wee hours.

I can't locate my copy of the names and titles of the speakers from the rally. I need to low third cg their names and titles on them.
Thanks

The piece is coming in at a little under 7.5 minutes... had some really challenges dealing with poor audio due to background noise (please no generators ;D).
Although if I can ever get some wireless audio gear a lot of this stuff would work out easier.

John

I fully expect that these dirty-rotten-arm-twisting-goons from Washington reached well beond this small committee.  These Fuckers are here!  We know they reached much deeper into our small New Hampshire senate.  Some spent at least a full day (which we know of) taking up the time of at least one senator in a "leadership" position.  Folks from New Hampshire could not even visit with him while the federal intruders were with him.

These Washington boys were not sent here as rockies, I'm sure.  And, they did not come here to take this committe vote as the answer to their plans for us.  Do you think they just came here for the day and then went away?  Do you think that they then all-of-a-sudden decided that they would respect our independent-minded culture?  

I think that they are still here working the senate - and begining to work on Governor Lynch at the same time.

Today was a very nice day, and these fuckers from Washington can not be happy with us for that!

(I have to go work many, many  long hours and earn some money for the next 7 days.  Sorry, but if I don't pay the rent and can't eat, I can't do any of this. While at work, I will schedual some vacation time for the week before the next election.)  I will never forget 1582.  (Final thought: We need a strong candidate for the US Senate in November of 2010.)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Roger Grant on April 26, 2006, 08:50 PM NHFT
Hey can anybody help me out with the editing process that is likely to go late into the wee hours.

I can't locate my copy of the names and titles of the speakers from the rally. I need to low third cg their names and titles on them.
Thanks

From my press kit:

http://www.fcsbrookline.com/files/Rally-Speaker-Bios.pdf

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Michael Fisher on April 26, 2006, 09:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on April 26, 2006, 08:50 PM NHFT

Thanks

From my press kit:

http://www.fcsbrookline.com/files/Rally-Speaker-Bios.pdf

Thanks Mike you're a life saver (or at least a sanity saver ;D)

Tunga

A nice orderly march to the gas chamber is much preferable to violent revolution. Rationally speaking of course.

Kat Kanning

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4823814&nav=4QcS

CONCORD, N.H. Governor John Lynch said today that he will sign a bill
that would bar New Hampshire from adopting strict new federal
standards for drivers' licenses, if the Legislature passes it.
The bill passed the House last month and was recommended by a state
Senate committee today. It will go before the full Senate in two weeks.

The bill put New Hampshire at the forefront of opposition to the
federal Real I-D Act, which critics say is really a national
identification card system that could allow the government to track
law-abiding citizens.

Supporters of the law, including U-S Senator Judd Gregg, say New
Hampshire is already doing most of the things required by Real I-D.
Gregg says if New Hampshire refuses to participate, state residents
will have a much harder time boarding airplanes and entering federal
buildings.

Tunga

Tunga wonders if the folks building the camps for Haliburton are doing the jobs Americans won't do.

Do you think they'll be ready by summer?!!? I so totally can't wait.

intergraph19

Quote from: katdillon on April 27, 2006, 07:16 AM NHFT
Supporters of the law, including U-S Senator Judd Gregg, say New
Hampshire is already doing most of the things required by Real I-D.
Gregg says if New Hampshire refuses to participate, state residents
buildings.

Acctually, I bet it will embolden other states to follow suit and the Fed will just have to abandon the whole idea....for a time...I hope...a lot of hope is going into this thought...adding a little more hope... ^_^

Kat Kanning

I talked to the Washington Post guy also, since someone said it would help.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Fake Senator Judd Gregg
if New Hampshire refuses to participate, state residents
buildings.

Why would anyone want to enter a federal building? (I mean without massive amounts of explosives ready to go off  >:D)

Ruger Mason

Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 27, 2006, 09:05 AM NHFT
Why would anyone want to enter a federal building?

To mail a letter at the post office, enjoy a national park...

In fact, the REAL ID is far more vague:
(a) Minimum Standards for Federal Use-

(1) IN GENERAL- Beginning 3 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, a Federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a State to any person unless the State is meeting the requirements of this section.

(2) STATE CERTIFICATIONS- The Secretary shall determine whether a State is meeting the requirements of this section based on certifications made by the State to the Secretary of Transportation. Such certifications shall be made at such times and in such manner as the Secretary of Transportation, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may prescribe by regulation.

Full Text: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c109:3:./temp/~c109ribskD:e46432:

The non-REAL ID card may not be accepted for "official federal use", as defined by the DHS.  Post offices, national parks, federal court houses, IRS audits, use of Interstate and Federally funded highways, enrolling your child in a public school that receives federal money.  The more you think about it, the scarrier it gets.

JonM

Quote from: Ruger Mason on April 27, 2006, 09:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 27, 2006, 09:05 AM NHFT
Why would anyone want to enter a federal building?

To mail a letter at the post office, enjoy a national park...

I've never had to show an ID to enter my post office . . .  I would read that to be anywhere currently asking for ID to enter.  Since you don't need ID at the airport now, they'd have to make a new law to force you to show ID.