• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

I am going to try and be there.
I will see if I can get there about 7:15am or so. 

Caleb

Not to rain on your parade, but my local House rep (who I've found to have a pretty good hand on the pulse of the reps) tells me that there is very, very little chance of it passing.  She said call Tom Eaton.  Perhaps he still has enough influence to help, if he chooses to.

Caleb

Friday

Quote from: katdillon on April 27, 2006, 03:57 PM NHFT
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8307405023976923577

Thank God, finally a version of the video I can watch.

Roger, it looks great!! Thank you so much for producing it on such short notice, and for sacrificing both work and sleep hours to finish it for your friends in New Hampshire.  Ya know, it's not too late to join the Free State Project..  ;)

Also, thanks for including me in the video.  Actually, it's like a Who's Who of FSP early movers.  Years from now we'll be boring the newbies, making them watch our RealID video from the spring of ought six.  :)

[Do you ever have deja vu?   ;)   ;)  "Just put your little hand in mine, together there's no mountain we can't climb........."]

Dreepa

oh yeah back in ought six there were only a couple of hundred of us.  We had to fight to get laws changed.  Now that there are 5000, man you can just call our 10 reps in the house. ;)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: d_goddard on May 01, 2006, 07:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 01, 2006, 06:59 PM NHFT
But d_goddard was talking Tuesday.
You can call me Denis :)

I didn't know know how many 'n's  ;D

I figure the idea is to be visible as the Senators drive in to the House, so we'll be visible, only 2-3 places we are likely to be :)
Jenn/ravelkinbow is pretty much organizing this thing, so I'll let her pick the place, but I assume it'll be either:
a) in front of the big-gold-dome building
b) on the sidewalk behind the State House and the LOB (ie, back of the Big-Gold-Dome thingy)
c) at the municipal parking garage at the intersection between School and Green streets

The Senators don't use that garage, do they? They have the garage attached to the LOB. I know the Reps use the garage over Storrs St behind the museum. And then there are the spots along Park St and N. State St.

d_goddard

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 01, 2006, 10:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on May 01, 2006, 07:18 PM NHFT
You can call me Denis :)
I didn't know know how many 'n's  ;D
It's phonetic, just like "Pattt".

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 01, 2006, 10:39 PM NHFT
The Senators don't use that garage, do they? They have the garage attached to the LOB. I know the Reps use the garage over Storrs St behind the museum. And then there are the spots along Park St and N. State St.
Aha! I knew I must be parking in the "back-of-thebus-Economy-class-with-the-groundlings" section!
I have this image in my head of Homer Simpson... "Ooohhh! I'm a Senator! I get my own Parking Garage!"

Anyway, it's raining, but we'll be out there nonetheless, at about 7:45

Update: about 10 uf us were there in the rain on the corner of Main & Louden, where all the traffic comes into town. Lots of thumbs-up and honks from the drivers-by. I counted 2 cars with legislative plates.

Also: we're now officially international news!!
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/christopher_davis/2006/05/new_hampshire_in_rebellion.html

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

He was on NHPR today from 9am - 10am.

www.nhpr.org 

http://www.nhpr.org/taxonomy/term/15001

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on May 02, 2006, 01:02 PM NHFT
He was on NHPR today from 9am - 10am.

www.nhpr.org 

http://www.nhpr.org/taxonomy/term/15001

Kurk made his points well, but such "reasoned" forums like NPR/NHPR appeal to people who find RealID perfectly "reasonable". They need to be confronted in full fiery Kurk mode.

What a moron on the other side. He kept denigrating the idea that a RealID could be obtained fraudulently, by saying that the chip would be almost impossible to duplicate. Hey, the chip is not the problem! If the basis documents (birth certificate, SS card, etc.) can be forged, then a legitimate RealID card can be obtained fraudulently. That's got to be worse than a fake card!

Kevin

Dreepa

Or how about the douchebag (yes douchebag) from MA would wanted Iris scans for everything.

aries

Here's what I'll be bringing!

Kat Kanning

Hey, aries is a real person :)

aries

Oh, and if you want, my name is Matt, not aries of course.  :)

d_goddard

Umm.. if you want to kill Real-ID, you want to vote YES on 1582!!!

davemincin

Joel's note for tomorrow!

Hello all,

just a quick note.  Almost 10 of us stood in the rain this morning,
holding signs supporting HB1582.  We generated dozens of honks and
waves, and at least one person called the 877 number to find out her
senator's contact information.  So we were also successful in creating
more support for the bill and getting people to the website.

I've heard mixed reports on HB1582 for tommorrow - it may or may not be
voted on.  The Republican leadership is said to be very worried about
how the vote will go.  Sen. Gatsas may try to delay it until the vote
he wants is certain.

Whatever happens tommorrow, we will be there.  At 7:30, we will meet on
Main street in front of the state house and spread out to hold signs
from there.  At 9:30, we will move upstairs to the Senate Gallery and
get settled in to watch the action.  You may want to bring a book; it
could be a long day. 

If the Senate does not take action on Wednesday, we will repeat the
same schedule on Thursday.  For some of us, this will require taking
additional time off work.  Everyone must choose their own level of
involvement.  I am proud to be working with so many great people who
all share the same commitment to opposing the REAL ID Act - no matter
what happens, we will continue this fight to the end.

Joel Winters