• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Quote from: d_goddard on May 02, 2006, 06:53 PM NHFT
Umm.. if you want to kill Real-ID, you want to vote YES on 1582!!!
That fool! I'm having him correct it now.

Atlas

Good Luck tomorrow yall.

FSPinNY

...my Google alerts are set...

aries

Thanks, Rebel, I hope we have it!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: aries on May 02, 2006, 07:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on May 02, 2006, 06:53 PM NHFT
Umm.. if you want to kill Real-ID, you want to vote YES on 1582!!!
That fool! I'm having him correct it now.

You should take off your giant hat and wack him with it. ;D

It's good to have the energy you young bucks bring. 8)

KBCraig

Quote from: aries on May 02, 2006, 06:32 PM NHFT
Here's what I'll be bringing!

My 16 year old daughter said, "Ooooh, boys! They're cuuuUUUUuute!"

Then I told her you live practically next door to where we'll be camping this summer. She's bringing her best friend. You're allowed to meet them. I'm heavily armed.  ;D

She likes to make self portraits. She's not a great photographer, but she models well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tracysaboe

What's going on with this. Is there still all the activity their was prior to the recomendation to keep the pressure up?

This is kind of scary. Like they decided what to do behind closed doors for political expedience but the recomendation really isn't a recomendation, just that it was politically expedient. Not that I'm surprised.

This would be wonderfull if this passed.

Any updates?

Tracy

AlanM

I AM NOT A NUMBER

NC2NH

Quote from: Dreepa on May 03, 2006, 08:16 AM NHFT
Front page of CM today:
:-\
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060503/REPOSITORY/60503002

Quote?I think I would feel a hell of a lot different before 9/11,? said Sen. Robert Flanders, a Republican from Antrim. ?But if we don?t do this, and all the other states do, we?re going to be a haven for terrorists and that kind of thing.?
Nice fearmongering, senator.
QuoteFlanders said he?d received an e-mail from Gregg and a phone call from Bradley urging him to support Real ID. He said he?d received a personal assurance from state Safety Commissioner Richard Flynn, who would administer the state?s Real ID program, that new licenses would not be used to gather residents? personal information. Flanders also believed Flynn's assurances that business is outpacing NH on the MA side of the border, there are no traffic circles in Vermont, Alaska is southwest of California, and George W. Bush is the smartest man alive.
I couldn't resist.

QuoteGregg, a Republican, told the Associated Press that New Hampshire and most other states already have adopted many of the security measures Real ID requires.
New Hampshire law prohibits use of biometrics on licenses, REAL ID calls for it. New Hampshire law allows a mailing address on the license, REAL ID does not. New Hampshire law requires the options to have your photo and SSN deleted, REAL ID sets up sharing of this and more data among the 50 states.
QuoteGregg also said that, contrary to what opponents are saying, the law would not create a national database.
That's like saying the web is not a worldwide database because all the information isn't on one server. Lies, damn lies, and semantics.
The distortion and exaggeration are coming from the anti-1582 side. >:(

Tunga

Senator Gregg is a traitor.

AlanM

Ruger Mason

According to Gatsas, the debate and vote on HB 1582 will take place Thursday, not today.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

How would one go about recalling people like Gregg, Bradley, Gatas?