• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Hey, hope!

From Peter Burling, I recieved a reply (within 15 minutes even!) - "I will."

So has the senate adjourned for today, or are they on a break where he might check his email?
Oh, of course, they all have blackberries and whatnot.

Hey, win or loose, how about we chip in and have flowers delivered to each senator that votes yes! And maybe a candy bar, too! We can send Gatsas a tiny one  >:D

John

Just by us having to return in the morning MORE people will have learned.

As I left the gallery and was in the hall, I heard one guy (dismissively) telling another what our issue is about.  So, I (kindly) offered the fellow who wanted more info a copy of the Union Leader's editorial - wich he happily took.   ;D

I talked with some folks on the street (afterwards) who said they will call their senators TODAY (and they knew - quite well - who their senators are.
I think they are actualy going to do it, because they were activists. Unfortunately/fortunately, I think both of their senators are already with us.

I''ll be back.   ;)

JonM

There's a reason America isn't a true democracy.  Bread and Circuses.

d_goddard

Your email was a good one, IMNSHO :)

Quote from: aries on May 03, 2006, 03:01 PM NHFT
What if we just had true democracy? The infrastructure is easily possible.
Yipes! Don't scare me like that!!

Here, read this. Please. Please.
It'll be worth your while, is a quick read, is one of the best sci-fi novels ever written, and subtly has a lot to say about "true democracy".
The Dosadi Experiment, by Frank Herbert

Tom Sawyer

Denis our man in the Senate. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tom Sawyer

Dawn our woman in the Senate. :)

Tom Sawyer

The New Hampshire Senate Chambers.

John

Quote from: aries on May 03, 2006, 03:07 PM NHFT
And maybe a candy bar, too! We can send Gatsas a tiny one  >:D

Sweet!  "a tiny one."  Very nice!   :o ;D :D ;) :) :o 8)

Pleasure to meet you today my friend.

Tom Sawyer

Joel, thanks for the push against the Real ID. :)

Pat McCotter

CM LTE from Everett, WA:

The good fight, JENNY GARDEN, Everett, Wash. - Letter
May 03. 2006 8:00AM

Thank God for New Hampshire! It is time to take a stand against the ever more prying, spying, controlling federal government. I can only hope that my state of Washington follows suit and rallies against the Real ID horror proposed by Congress.

Stay resolute. Plenty of other American citizens are with you!

JENNY GARDEN
Everett, Wash.

Tom Sawyer

And Jenn has been organizing all day and working at night. :)

FSPinNY

Hey Roger,

Thanks for the pics!  Kinda makes it more real for us out here in the other 49...

Brian

Tom Sawyer

Stood at the corner where the Senators drive to the parking. A lone figure in the rain holding a sign, got some thumbs up and waves from Senators coming to work.

Went for a walk over to where the larger group at the major intersection was. With some new acquaintances, walked back over to the spot near the parking. Good conversions, had a motorist stop and get out of his car to shake our hands and thank us. :) Don Gorman stopped by, he told us we should stand right at the entrance to the parking garage. I said that Joel's group had been told yesterday that they needed a permit to demonstrate on state property. Don encouraged us to do it as a right, I said I'd go get the video camera and he could hold the sign. Don said he needed to go talk to a politico. I guess we're no Russell Kanning. :) Had some more interesting conversation with Mr. Gorman Don, nice guy answered my questions about New Hampshire.

Went into the state house where I saw the players for our team waiting to go up to the gallery of the Senate. Pleasant treatment by the police and ushers at the state house. Nice to be able to watch the process, though I can see the power and seduction as in any government entity. Gatsas reminds me of Napoleon from "Animal Farm"... gregarious and smiling but the little banter about the boy and the candy bars shows the corruption influence peddling played out as a normal way of doing business. Oh... I'm not making any allegations, but he sure has a nice new Mercedes in his privileged parking spot. ::)

New Hampshire State House
Worth checking out if you are into it. ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: FSPinNY on May 03, 2006, 03:44 PM NHFT
Hey Roger,

Thanks for the pics!  Kinda makes it more real for us out here in the other 49...

Brian
8)

intergraph19

?It?s not a ?real ID?; it?s a driver?s license,? Gatsas said. ?In New Hampshire, it?s not a big change. People believe it?s Big Brother looking over your shoulder.?

I would say this is an ignorant comment, but I think he knws exactly what this is really all about and is just plain evil.   >:D

I thought Kate was going to jump down out of the gallery and attack Gatsas for telling us it wasn't going to be until tomorrow.  I'm not quite sure why he did that, there could be several reasons.  I know that I will be there tomorrow, if he doesn't pull a fast one and vote on it today while I'm at work, and I hope we can have as many if not more people turn up.