• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 05, 2006, 09:22 AM NHFT
Its important to take it all in, learn from the experience, take it to the next level, and keep fighting.  The statists are winning because honest people get depressed, burnt out and quit.  Don't let it happen.

Also, move to New Hampshire.  The activist network here is strong, and helps bolster morale when we lose battles.  We will win more battles in time.
yes

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on May 05, 2006, 09:28 AM NHFT
Its important to take it all in, learn from the experience, take it to the next level, and keep fighting.  The statists are winning because honest people get depressed, burnt out and quit.  Don't let it happen.

Also, move to New Hampshire.  The activist network here is strong, and helps bolster morale when we lose battles.  We will win more battles in time.
yes
Ditto. Been here fighting since 1989.

d_goddard

Quote from: CNHT on May 05, 2006, 07:54 AM NHFT
Ok here is the letter I am sending, comments and suggestions please?

Dear Senators,

I am writing to you because you were one of the 14 Republicans who on May 4th 2006 voted to amend HB 1582 away from its original intent, despite the unanimous 6-0 "OTP" vote of the study committee.

Nice one!
I will by writing my own letter in a week or so... once I have better perspective.

I would suggest a separate letter to Martel, Gatsas, and Kenney -- the three who voted OTP in committee, and flipped in the full Senate :(

d_goddard

Quote from: toowm on May 05, 2006, 08:11 AM NHFT
If Rep. Kurk could move to Derry, that would be fantastic!
Hey I moved all the way from the hell-hole that is California just to get decent representation here in NH... surely you can scoot over to Weare? ;)
(I am just pullin' yer chain, hope that's obvious)

Anyway, I love the idea of drafting Kurk into a Senate run.
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3642.0

Ruger Mason

Word on the street is that yesterday, Rep. Kurk successfully added the full language of the original HB 1582 to another bill, SB 399.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=1d871af7-4eae-4a0c-96a5-d84c240ebfe4

d_goddard

Jenn and I were present at this morning's Fiscal Committee.
The $3 mil on offer from the Feds was the first order of business.
It took less than 20 seconds to complete.
And the news is....

... wait for it....

.... keep waiting ...

.... getting good at this, aren't we? ....

They "tabled" it.
Which means, no decision until the next committee meeting, which is not yet scheduled.
We have not yet taken the money. Nor have we rejected it.
Kinda like yesterday's vote... the real Real-ID decision will come... later.

The powers that be are betting that passions run high, and are then spent and forgotten, like so many times in the past.
Not this time.
I'll keep en eye out, but anyone who finds out when the next Fiscal Committee meeting is, please do let us know here.

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on May 05, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 05, 2006, 07:54 AM NHFT
Ok here is the letter I am sending, comments and suggestions please?

Dear Senators,

I am writing to you because you were one of the 14 Republicans who on May 4th 2006 voted to amend HB 1582 away from its original intent, despite the unanimous 6-0 "OTP" vote of the study committee.

Nice one!
I will by writing my own letter in a week or so... once I have better perspective.

I would suggest a separate letter to Martel, Gatsas, and Kenney -- the three who voted OTP in committee, and flipped in the full Senate :(

Yeah don't forget Sheila too....I think I hit upon most of the ideas. The immigration one was really laughable, since they were handed people and didn't deport them and have no plans to! (Whether you think that should be done or not, the point was, it is not being done and won't be done even with a National ID and probably won't affect the efficiency of weeding out potential terrorists either!)

NC2NH

Also, move to New Hampshire.  The activist network here is strong, and helps bolster morale when we lose battles.  We will win more battles in time.
Bullseye

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on May 05, 2006, 10:08 AM NHFT
Jenn and I were present at this morning's Fiscal Committee.
The $3 mil on offer from the Feds was the first order of business.
It took less than 20 seconds to complete.
And the news is....tabled..

So Denis what about my idea to bombard the comm. members???

Kat Kanning

Now did these guys vote against 1582 or were they trying to vote against amending it?

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on May 05, 2006, 10:39 AM NHFT

Now did these guys vote against 1582 or were they trying to vote against amending it?

They were on the study committee who voted OTP 6-0 but then voted for the amendment to relegate it to a study commission and for possible acceptance of the money.

I also made a new post to announce that as was reported to me last night from one of the people in attendance, HB 626 is basically dead! I heard from Senator Hassan on this, although she disagreed that it was the evil NHMA (her union people) who were behind it.

YeahItsMeJP

Quote from: d_goddard on May 05, 2006, 04:48 AM NHFT
Yet one Republican Senator, Gallus, stood up to it. This man deserves our full support (and then some) when the time comes.[/li][/list]

Senator Peter Bragdon (R-Amherst) also stood up to it.

JonM

Time is better than defeat.  If they hold a committee meeting, perhaps someone can point out not only the high costs of inter-state document checking compliance, but also the fallacy that it will make us safer.  How will you verify a birth certificate for someone 40 years old?  Call up the office of vital records at that state?  Long distance charges, the time to get someone, having to hire staff to field those calls at both your state and the other state, and the possibility that someone might bribe one person at one office of vital records in one state to say "yes, that birth certificate is valid".

The costs of compliance will be huge.  If instead all our vital records are scanned into computer, accessible to every DMV agent in the country, is there any less potential for fraud?  Can we be assured that no breech will occur in the system?  It is wrong to believe that further identification will increase our security.  Those who wish to do us harm will have no problem in getting said identification, because no matter how much the government tries, it will never be able to get the populace to go along with the measures necessary to actually identify the populace in such a foolproof method that no person not born here could obtain and identification card and do us harm.

In addition, all that ignores the fact, that not all of our threats are born abroad.  The more secure our identification cards become, the less secure we as a nation become.  For the false sense of security that a "secure" identification card carries with it will lead to increased real insecurity born of complacency.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: katdillon on May 05, 2006, 10:39 AM NHFT

The vote-switchers were Martel, Roberge, Kenney and Barnes.  Gatsas was not on the committee.

In my view, they would have been better off to ITL it or propose the gutting in committee.  That way, they would have just been jerks.  Now they're duplicitous lying jerks.

Ruger Mason

My understanding is that committees of conference do not usually include public hearings.  They could schedule new hearings I suppose.

There will now be TWO committees of conference on this issue.  One for HB 1582 and one for SB 399.