• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: aries on May 10, 2006, 05:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 10, 2006, 04:57 AM NHFT
That's right! You got suspended for that, right? How's that going? Give us an update.

That wasn't me, that was a poster who came here called 1984isnow.

I ordered it online after I heard his story and I've been proudly displaying it since.

:blush:

Sorry. Wow, you've even been here a lot longer than that. I'll just go to work now. This is what happens when I try to do things in a hurry.

Kat Kanning

Can I print that as an open letter to Sen. Eaton?

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 09, 2006, 09:50 PM NHFT
e-mailed to my Senator , Eaton:

--

Senator Eaton:

Just wanted to let you know Thursday is the one year anniversary of Washington's
passage of the hated Real ID act.  Now that you are starting to become a part of
this unconstitutional evil which is to be wreaked upon the people of New Hampshire
over the next few years, I thought you would want to know so you can celebrate the
birthday.

Sorry for my sarcasm, but you really disappointed me with that vote to table HB1582.
I'll think better of you if you ever start fighting the feds on this instead of
voting to obfiscate.  This is a "core issue for your constituency," and
your constituency is me and my neighbors, not a bunch of fedspooks and politician-thugs
from DC.  Please help us get the heck out of this Real ID fiasco before it's too
late.

Russell Kanning

d_goddard

I've just posted some choice clips from the NH Senate Floor debate on this bill, and some analysis of what happened and why:
http://freestateblogs.net/1582senate

There are many choice soundbites, like: "In time of war is when you need to fight hardest for your Liberty."
See the link for more.

Tunga

Clip 13: Sen. Morse (R) offers the most ridiculous reason of all time to give up some of our privacy: "Senator Greg has never let us down!" Hmmm... I'm pretty sure if one dig through the voting records, one can find plenty of cases where U.S. Senator Judd Gregg has voted to curtail our liberties and increase our taxes!

Tunga remember when Judd was just a congressman. He sent out his info letter to let us NH citizens know that although 90 percent of his constituants opposed the construction of Seabrook Station he was very dissapointed with us and would vote for it anyway. Cause he always knows whats best for the little people.

aries

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 10, 2006, 05:48 AM NHFT
Sorry. Wow, you've even been here a lot longer than that. I'll just go to work now. This is what happens when I try to do things in a hurry.

Haha, don't worry about it, I make much worse mistakes than that all the time

John

Quote from: d_goddard on May 10, 2006, 04:36 PM NHFT
I've just posted some choice clips from the NH Senate Floor debate on this bill, and some analysis of what happened and why:
http://freestateblogs.net/1582senate

There are many choice soundbites, like: "In time of war is when you need to fight hardest for your Liberty."
See the link for more.

Thanks for those clips!  I would have also used others: such as these (R) state-senator-boys crying, I'm one who usualy stands for Liberty, etc.
But I'm not the one to compile these clips, so again thanks.

When I was there listening - live, the passion in Morses' presentation seemed a bit over-the-top to me.  Methinks he did protest too much.  When he told me on the phone (days earlier) that Gregg's Washington goons were here twisting arms (obviously my words not his) I told him that Senator Sununu was on the correct side of this.  Would Morse dare even come close to saying that Sen. Sununu has ever "let us down"?
I will say it!  One thing seems clear: Gregg's team worked harder to KILL 1582 than Sununu's team worked to save it.

I will always remember 1582.

Dave Ridley

kat wrote:

<<Can I print that as an open letter to Sen. Eaton?>>

yes plz do  !   

FTL_Ian

I suggest dropping a copy off to him or his office so he can see for himself...

d_goddard

Quote from: John on May 10, 2006, 08:06 PM NHFT
Thanks for those clips!  I would have also used others: such as these (R) state-senator-boys crying, I'm one who usualy stands for Liberty, etc.

Yeah, that and Barnes' moronc quote about the Japanese "internment" camps were almost included. In some cases there are too many circumlocutions for a good soundbite, or the bite itself is so short it sounds like it could be taken out of context.

Quote from: John on May 10, 2006, 08:06 PM NHFT
I will always remember 1582.
HEY! IT AIN'T DEAD YET!
If we keep up the pressure on these guys (and on Sheila Roberge), they will come around.
But they need to understand how much pressure there is.
LTEs are our friend now (and double-shame on me for not having written one yet, I swear I will before Monday), so are direct letters to the "dirty 14" who voted the wrong way. Let 'em know you really want to support them because they are usually pro-Liberty, but are so galled by what they did, you don't know whether you will support or oppose them come election time!

Dreepa

Today is the one year anniversary of REAL ID becoming LAW.

Take 10 minutes out of your schedule and call:

24 State Senators in NH
US Rep Bradley
US Rep Bass
US Sen Sununu  (and he voted for it no matter what his people say. The vote was 100-0)
US Sen Gregg actively tried to have NH turn down HB1582.

Dave Ridley

Sent below to Sentinel, will plan to read it into the national reps and senators' voicemails:

In a craven act of subservience to Washington, a majority of the N.H. Senate (including Eaton of Keene) have voted to defang the "Real ID Resistance Bill."   This bill would have prevented N.H. from going along with Bush's defacto national identity card.  Now the legislation is in limbo.

This was a hollow victory for Federal lobbyists whose goal is to brand and track New Hampshire citizens like animals.  But many more battles will follow, and if we the people maintain our momentum and resolve, we will win in the end. 

To paraphrase one of history's more colorful figures:

Though large tracts of America, and many old and famous freedoms, have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Homeland Security Department and all the odious apparatus of authoritarian rule, we shall not flag or fail.  We shall go on to the end, peaceably but ever growing in activity and resolve.  In this manner, we shall fight in New Hampshire, we shall fight on the sidewalks and streetcorners,
we shall fight with growing confidence and strength on the airwaves.  We shall defend our Island of freedom, whatever the cost may be; we shall fight in the papers; we shall fight in the Legislature.  We shall fight in the offices of our rulers and on their phone lines; we shall never surrender.   And even if this state or a large part of it were subjucated and under the thrall of a surveillance regime, her core
resisters, armed and guarded by the simple principles of liberty, would carry on the struggle until, until, in God's good time, a new generation, with all the power and might of youth, steps forth to the rescue and liberation of the old.

Dreepa

That is brilliant!!! (You and Winnie)

Dave Ridley

US Rep Bass keene office:  358 4094
US Sen Sununu   202 224 2841
US Sen Gregg 202 224 3324

Dave Ridley

sent copy of above LTE to my state senator, eaton