• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Blain

Hey aries, I would love to have lunch with you and Gastas sometime.  Let me know what you think and we can work towards setting something up.  Feel free to send me an email, since I am unable to view your email address. 

Republidog

The only two states that I know of that even marginally fought REAL ID were NH and Montana. Montana made a lot of noise about it, but they already have accepted it. NH was the final chance to show other states this is possible.

So sad that no other state is even trying to stop this.

Kat Kanning

Alaska apparently rejected Real ID...their legislation passed.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: katdillon on May 12, 2006, 03:18 PM NHFT
Alaska apparently rejected Real ID...their legislation passed.

Well, not exactly.  They just didn't implement the Real ID requirements in time for the deadline.  They didn't have legislation like our HB 1582.

d_goddard

Here's my summary of what happened.
It forms a template that Irena and I will be using as the basis for letters to the editor.
Please feel free to do the same.

http://freestateblogs.net/realDeceit

Dave Ridley

Sending this to my executive councilor,
debora.pignatelli@nh.gov

----

Dear Councilor Pignatelli:

I wanted to ask what if anything you are planning to do to stop the acceptance of that 3 million dollar Real ID grant.   As I understand it,  you're the last line of defense between me and the advent of a Bush surveillance state.  The Council and the Governor could always refuse to take the money and thus stop Real ID in New Hampshire, right?  It would seem to be the right thing to do, rather than standing still while they try to brand and track us like animals.

Counting on you,

(sig)

Dave Ridley

Here is contact info for all five councilors

http://www.nh.gov/council/

Dave Ridley

I've sent the Gov a similar note.   I hope many of you will do the same.

Lynch contact info

Office of the Governor
State House
25 Capitol Street
Concord, NH 03301

(603)271-2121
(603)271-7680 (fax)

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Email the Governor at

http://www.egov.nh.gov/governor/goveforms/comments.asp

aries

I'm listening to Gardner goldsmith and he has a good point - the house and senate are having a series of skirmishes right now:
Senate kills 1582
House embeds 1582 into 399, a bill popular with the senators
Senate kills 399
Senate embeds 399 in 12XX, a bill popular with the house
House kills 12XX

HB12-something, the HIV awareness bill got 399's wording tacked onto it and was killed, so the only way for the Senate's precious 399 bill to get through would be to accept the wording of 1582 embedded in it.

Maybe a little pandemic fearmongering would help it get passed  >:D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: aries on May 12, 2006, 09:31 PM NHFT
I'm listening to Gardner goldsmith and he has a good point - the house and senate are having a series of skirmishes right now:
Senate kills 1582
House embeds 1582 into 399, a bill popular with the senators
Senate kills 399
Senate embeds 399 in 12XX, a bill popular with the house
House kills 12XX

HB12-something, the HIV awareness bill got 399's wording tacked onto it and was killed, so the only way for the Senate's precious 399 bill to get through would be to accept the wording of 1582 embedded in it.

Maybe a little pandemic fearmongering would help it get passed  >:D

Are you saying that two bad bills were killed because the Anti-REAL ID Bill failed?  Well, even in failure, great things can happen.

Republidog

QuoteMaybe a little pandemic fearmongering would help it get passed 

Remember, it's the state that stages crisis to gain control. Let's not even entertain such ideas. (I realize you were being sarcastic)  >:D

FTL_Ian

Clegg:
Once the speeches were over and the dust had settled, both bills were dead, and plenty of lawmakers were unhappy. Top Senate Republicans chastised Kurk for putting privacy concerns over public safety, and they accused him of siding with groups like the Free State Project, a movement of libertarians who are migrating to New Hampshire to lobby for small government.

"He chose the Free-Staters over the health of the citizens of New Hampshire," said Majority Leader Bob Clegg, of Hudson. "That's wrong."

Bleh.  To juxtapose us with healty citizens is ludicrous.

Dave Ridley

<< "He chose the Free-Staters over the health of the citizens of New Hampshire," >>

To be attacked is glorious
To be attacked and lumped in with the ever-popular Neal Kurk is even more glorious

Dave Ridley

Seems like the state government is going pretty deep into gridlock mode this year just like Jason Sorens predicted it would.  Has anything anti liberty or pro liberty even passed into law this year besides Homeschool Deregulation and pseudoephedrine regulation?

aries

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 13, 2006, 05:12 AM NHFT
Seems like the state government is going pretty deep into gridlock mode this year just like Jason Sorens predicted it would. 
Because our House realizes its place, for the most part, and our senate fancies itself a bunch of big time politicians with a major influence on things. They are as corrupted by power as our national representative and senators are, even though they haven't got nearly as much power.