• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

"A vote for Sununu is a vote for ......"?

Tom Sawyer

Took down the 14 cowards graphic.

Lack of interest.

John

Who was it that said "I voted for that [whatever it was] before I voted against that [whatever it was]?  Just another of those jerks who are spending way too much time in Washington, I'm sure.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Funny thing that as I worked throughout the night I kept thinking of a song:

I have no need of half of anything
No half-time, no half of man's attention
Give me all the earth-and-sky, and at the same time add a new demention
Half the truth is of no use
Give it all, give it all to me

I can stand it, I am strong that way
. . .
Don't give me fountains, I need waterfalls
. . .
Half of loving is no fun
Give it all, give it all to me
I can stand it, I am strong that way
. . .
Don't leave me guessin' alone
Don't walk me half-the-way home . . .
-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm thinkin' that John [Mr. Senator Sununu] needs to come HOME and start 'splaining what-in-the-world does he think he's doing down there in D.C.  Who's the boss; NH or DC?

This is no time for half-messures, Mr. Sununu!  WE NEED TO STOP THIS NATIONAL-ID NOW!
What more are you going to do to help, Mr. Senator?  Many of us have written to papers: We need you to do more than that.  Come HOME and work to end this National ID - now.  Stop it here in New Hampshire.

We know that Justice Souter has been in DC way too long; and we're thinking that lately Gregg ain't been actin' too smart either.

I hope that someone (anyone in our deligation) will stop worrying about the words of Gen. Stark and start to worry about what Liberty THEY[he] PLAN to leave for our [my] children and grandchildren.

John

I met more folks during the flood, and I plan to keep them informed on this National-ID BS. . . . None of them are happy about it.

Kat Kanning

Preview of upcoming fun:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ruger Mason

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 05:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on May 17, 2006, 05:28 AM NHFT
Sen. John E. Sununu has the ANOTHER VIEW opinion piece in today's New Hampshire Union Leader:  "REAL ID: unnecessary, unfunded and unlikely to make you safer"

Well Sununu THANKS ALOT FOR VOTING FOR IT.

He didn't vote for Real ID -- He voted to ensure U.S. troops had enough funding.  Voting against the spending bill to which Real ID was attached would have been a "no win" for him politically.  Sununu has steadfastly opposed Real ID from the beginning.

Sununu isn't perfect, but I'm sick of people dragging him through the mud on an issue in which he is 100% on our side!  >:(

Dreepa

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 17, 2006, 10:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 05:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on May 17, 2006, 05:28 AM NHFT
Sen. John E. Sununu has the ANOTHER VIEW opinion piece in today's New Hampshire Union Leader:  "REAL ID: unnecessary, unfunded and unlikely to make you safer"

Well Sununu THANKS ALOT FOR VOTING FOR IT.

He didn't vote for Real ID -- He voted to ensure U.S. troops had enough funding.  Voting against the spending bill to which Real ID was attached would have been a "no win" for him politically.  Sununu has steadfastly opposed Real ID from the beginning.

Sununu isn't perfect, but I'm sick of people dragging him through the mud on an issue in which he is 100% on our side!  >:(

Well he could have voted No and said I am for the spending bill but... I don't want these sneaky tricks about REAL ID. So I oppose this bill.  It would have at least started a debate about this issue.

JonM

At least he didn't vote for it before voting against it!

I have lovely senators.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 10:28 AM NHFT
Well he could have voted No and said I am for the spending bill but... I don't want these sneaky tricks about REAL ID. So I oppose this bill.  It would have at least started a debate about this issue.

He could have, but at a the risk of being "the one Senator who didn't support the troops" and lending credence to those who say opposition to Real ID is a fringe issue.  For better or worse, he made a judgement call on that.  People should stop saying he "voted for Real ID" when he is in fact Capitol Hill's most vocal opponent of Real ID.

Let's save the vitriol for Bass, Bradley and Gregg.

KBCraig

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 17, 2006, 10:43 AM NHFT
People should stop saying he "voted for Real ID" when he is in fact Capitol Hill's most vocal opponent of Real ID.

Let's save the vitriol for Bass, Bradley and Gregg.

People tend to come out swinging when they think they've been betrayed by someone who is supposed to be on their side.

It's not personal when your opponents don't vote your way, but it stings when your allies vote against you.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: KBCraig on May 17, 2006, 11:00 AM NHFT
...it stings when your allies vote against you.

For the last time, Sununu didn't vote "against us" on Real ID.  He did not betray us.  His reasons for voting for the spending bill are readily apparent, and he worked hard in an effort to prevent Real ID from being attached to the bill.

KBCraig

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 17, 2006, 11:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 17, 2006, 11:00 AM NHFT
...it stings when your allies vote against you.

For the last time, Sununu didn't vote "against us" on Real ID.  He did not betray us.

Perhaps you misread my post. I was stating the reasons people feel upset with Sununu, rather that Gregg and Bradley and Bass.

I'm not attacking Sununu, so you don't need to be his apologist.

I do believe he should have made a big stink about the Real ID amendment being attached to the military spending bill, but he didn't do so.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

Sununu should be judged on his actions. He voted for it, whatever his reasons. We can't see into his mind to know his motivations.

Ruger Mason

Quote from: KBCraig on May 17, 2006, 11:41 AM NHFT
Perhaps you misread my post. I was stating the reasons people feel upset with Sununu, rather that Gregg and Bradley and Bass.

I understand.  My point is that people should stop feeling and reconsider the focus of their anger.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: katdillon on May 17, 2006, 11:59 AM NHFT
Sununu should be judged on his actions. He voted for it, whatever his reasons. We can't see into his mind to know his motivations.

We don't have to because he and other US Senators spoke out about how horrible the REAL ID is.  We already know what they were thinking because they told us.