• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

president

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on May 17, 2006, 12:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on May 17, 2006, 11:59 AM NHFT
Sununu should be judged on his actions. He voted for it, whatever his reasons. We can't see into his mind to know his motivations.

We don't have to because he and other US Senators spoke out about how horrible the REAL ID is.  We already know what they were thinking because they told us.
Dude, you are an asshole.
Politicians lie. That is their job.

OK, now you can get back to believing what they tell you.

d_goddard

Quote from: katdillon on May 17, 2006, 08:44 AM NHFT
Preview of upcoming fun:
Too cool...
yet one more reason to love the KFP!

Kat Kanning

Good lord Keith, you believe what a politician says??

Fluff and Stuff

Yes, sometimes, I do.  I know lots of politicians (including many of the forum).

aries

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 17, 2006, 10:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 05:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on May 17, 2006, 05:28 AM NHFT
Sen. John E. Sununu has the ANOTHER VIEW opinion piece in today's New Hampshire Union Leader:  "REAL ID: unnecessary, unfunded and unlikely to make you safer"

Well Sununu THANKS ALOT FOR VOTING FOR IT.

He didn't vote for Real ID -- He voted to ensure U.S. troops had enough funding.  Voting against the spending bill to which Real ID was attached would have been a "no win" for him politically.  Sununu has steadfastly opposed Real ID from the beginning.

Sununu isn't perfect, but I'm sick of people dragging him through the mud on an issue in which he is 100% on our side!  >:(

He voted for it. Our state senators found the will to stop a "valuable" bill about state health when the senate amended it with 1582, why didn't Sununu find the will to stop RealID... and it's a double whammy by not wasting our tax money on pointless military spending.

I can't vote for or against sununu since I'm not in his district, but I think he's the best federal rep NH has. I'd be very wary about getting him out of office.

Greg though, needs to get out FAST, and next time he's on the ballot, I'm voting for the other guy.

aries

All politicans lie. I want to get involved in politics (possibly run for state house)... and I'm well aware that I might drop a few mistruths to appease my voters. No bones about it I'll vote straight libertarian, but I may have to disguise my motivations by doing so.

It's called pandering. See my thread about the MJ survey... I don't believe in any of that hooey I wrote, that was just to appeal to those who might not quite see the world in a 100% libertarian way.

Dreepa

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 02:58 PM NHFT

I can't vote for or against sununu since I'm not in his district, but I think he's the best federal rep NH has. I'd be very wary about getting him out of office.

Hey Matt,

Better do some fact checking about voting for the US Senate. :-X

d_goddard

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 03:01 PM NHFT
All politicans lie.
I know of several people who post on this very board that plan to run for State Rep come November.
They're giving up a huge chunk of time out of their lives, but in return, they will be well-placed to fight for liberty.

Sununu may or may not lie, he may be late in publicly opposing Real-ID, but can you name any Senator for any other state that is even doing that much?

Sununu is the most Libertarian member of the US Senate.
That, to me, speaks volumes.

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on May 17, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
but can you name any Senator for any other state that is even doing that much?
He likes to spend money but Feingold from WI.

Kat Kanning

Sununu may or may not lie, he may be late in publicly opposing Real-ID, but can you name any Senator for any other state that is even doing that much?

I haven't seen him DO anything but flap his gums.

Kat Kanning

president

But he is a Republican.... ???

aries

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 03:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 02:58 PM NHFT

Hey Matt,

Better do some fact checking about voting for the US Senate. :-X

Why, what did I get wrong?

aries

Sununu is the most Libertarian member of the US Senate.
That, to me, speaks volumes.

I said he's the best federal rep we've got (between the HOR and the senate).

Ron Paul is by FAR the most libertarian rep, but he's a texan. NH needs a second sununu in place of Greg.

And he's very good at siding with the majority whilst voting with the facists. His votes mean more to me than his words.

Dreepa

Ron Paul is in the House not the Senate.

Check out Article I section 3  regarding who 'represents' you in the Senate.