• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

One more post, then I'll stop feeding this sub-thread.

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 04:32 PM NHFT
His votes mean more to me than his words.

The vote was stacked against anyone voting against Real-ID. They literallyhad to choose between voting to let people die needlessly, versus stopping Real-ID. The few that are serious about Liberty are doing exctly what Sununu is doing: trying to kill Real-ID now that the money for the troops and flood victime has been allocated.

This is in stark contrast to our NH Republican Senators, who literally had no nother issues confounding their votes, when they deliberately killed 1582.

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on May 17, 2006, 05:09 PM NHFT
One more post, then I'll stop feeding this sub-thread.

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 04:32 PM NHFT
His votes mean more to me than his words.

The vote was stacked against anyone voting against Real-ID. They literallyhad to choose between voting to let people die needlessly, versus stopping Real-ID.
Denis while I may agree with you on the big picture with you on this on.... but
voting to let people die.... BULLSHIT.
It would have been 99-1
How would people have died?

Dreepa

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 04:57 PM NHFT
Ron Paul is in the House not the Senate.

Check out Article I section 3  regarding who 'represents' you in the Senate.
Matt I will make it easy on you -- every State gets 2 Senators.... they represent the whole state.  You can vote for both positions.

d_goddard

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 05:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on May 17, 2006, 05:09 PM NHFT
They literallyhad to choose between voting to let people die needlessly, versus stopping Real-ID.
Denis while I may agree with you on the big picture with you on this on.... but voting to let people die.... BULLSHIT.
It would have been 99-1
How would people have died?

Parse the sentence again... I said, "voting to let people die", not "a vote that would cause people to die".

Anyone voting against the bill would have to explain to angry constituents why they wanted the troops not to have body armor, and why they wanted people in New Orleans to starve, because "that's what they voted for".

aries

I was talking about federal representatives... not as in "house of" but "representative of the people."

KBCraig

Quote from: aries on May 17, 2006, 05:47 PM NHFT

I was talking about federal representatives... not as in "house of" but "representative of the people."

You said you weren't in Sununu's district. Sununu is a Senator; his district, just like Gregg's, is the entire state of NH.

Kevin

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: katdillon on May 17, 2006, 08:44 AM NHFT
Preview of upcoming fun:
Keene Free Press to the rescue.
Nice job Kat and Russell. 8)

Can we take advantage of the biggest opportunity this movement has had to date?
Or did the slick bastards sends us away with our tails between our legs. The future belongs to the bold.
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=2118.msg67525#msg67525

Dave Ridley

2 exec councilors said to be leaning against Real ID grant acceptance

I got a call from Deborah Pignatelli, my executive councilor, today.  She says absent some massive new piece of information she plans to vote against accepting the Federal money for Real ID.  She says Councilor Spaulding also seems to be leaning that direction.  I didn't ask her about Lynch.   She seemed to think the study committee was still in play but i assume she was just a week behind in her information...it's been killed, correct?

Of course, Lynch said he would sign the House bill opting us out of Real ID, but will he refuse to take the fed money also? and will any of the other three Exec councilors vote not to take the money? who knows

I asked her how the public could best act to make sure her side wins this vote, and she directed me toward that study committee which may have already been killed...so I'm not sure how we get involved exactly.  But I do urge all of you to write your exec councilors, who can be contacted via

http://www.nh.gov/council/

Pignatelli said it is not necessarily a bad idea to e-mail Councilors who are in another district as well.

Ruger Mason

The commission is dead.  There will be no commission.

Russell Kanning

I like the idea of pictures of the 14 with their names somewhere close. Could you make it not so long and thin?
These guys voted for national ID

Kat Kanning

Like mug shots on a wanted poster.

Republidog

Quote from: katdillon on May 18, 2006, 05:04 AM NHFT
Like mug shots on a wanted poster.

ooh...just had a great idea. Make up old west style wanted posters!

"WANTED:
For High Crimes Against Freedom
[politicians pic and name]
Crime: Voted for REAL ID and dirty federal money.
Last seen caving under pressure from congressional staffers and trampling on civil liberties.

aries

Guys, Gallus defied the republicans and voted against the amendment, and against amended 1582, he's been a good senator.

He did vote against the commission... maybe he felt that it was useless at this point or something... I just don't want to make him an enemy yet, he's been a pro-liberty senator, on the whole.

d_goddard

Quote from: aries on May 18, 2006, 06:07 AM NHFT
Guys, Gallus defied the republicans and voted against the amendment, and against amended 1582, he's been a good senator.

He did vote against the commission... maybe he felt that it was useless at this point or something... I just don't want to make him an enemy yet, he's been a pro-liberty senator, on the whole.

He voted to study the problem, then voted to ensure there would be no study.
Why was that crucial death-sentence of 1582 unanimous?
Because Gallus, like Martel, and Roberge, and Letourneu, and the rest, all caved in to Washington (and to Gatsas)

If you can cut some slack to Gallus, surely a little slack can be cut to the others... to all except the few who were the key players (Gatsas, Clegg, and Barnes are my anti-favorites)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 07, 2006, 07:38 AM NHFT
Senate vote on amendment to HB1582

Senate vote on OTP w/Amendment

Please help me make sure I get this right. 
Senate vote on amendment:  Yes vote = bad
Senate vote on OTP w/amendment:  Yes vote = bad or ?