• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

sending this to the concord monitor as soon as my one letter per month limit expires.

---

Dear folks at the Monitor:

I enjoyed your article on May 14 about the deepening state of gridlock between our state reps and state senators.  The Senate's shameless and duplicitous neutering of the "Real ID Resistance Bill" has already cost them heavily.  It will likely cost them more before the story is over.

These folks in the Senate leadership...what are they thinking??

If their actions are any indication, they?re thinking it is okay to help the FedGov number and track N.H. citizens like inventory.  They?re thinking if they candy coat or hide their support for Real ID we won't notice.  They?re thinking that whining about State Rep Neal Kurk will generate sympathy for them.  And they?re thinking they can stop him from destroying their powermongering nanny-bills by putting his picture up on a billboard.

But *I?m* thinking they are *losing it.*

When it comes to pictures, the most appropriate image I can think of would look something like this:  It would feature all 14 senators who voted to cooperate with the Feds in the privacy-killing Real ID scheme.  It would show their names and faces clearly.  And it would be a WANTED poster.

Russell Kanning

Yea "Wanted: Out of Power"

Tom Sawyer

Very well done Dave... thanks.

You guys are great.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: russellkanning on May 21, 2006, 12:45 AM NHFT

My thought was it should be "No longer wanted" or "NOT WANTED".

Tunga

Quote from: Ron Helwig on May 21, 2006, 09:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on May 21, 2006, 12:45 AM NHFT

My thought was it should be "No longer wanted" or "NOT WANTED".

Does DOA stand for Dead or Alive or is it Dead on Arrival?

Tunga remembers (cause he is wicked old) the Beatles Sgt. Peppers Album art was full of inuendo regarding the whole "Paul is dead" thing. The patch on Pauls sleeve had the initials O.P.D. just visible in the photo.
The jive was that this was code for Officially pronounced dead.

Tell that to his latest ex.

Cha ching.

Dreepa

Tom Sawyer

Great... >:( thanks Uncle Sam (assholes)

Just another thank you for giving them part of my life.

Dave Ridley

Here's another club to bang over their heads:

-----

Personal Data of 26.5M Veterans Stolen

By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer 5/22/06

WASHINGTON - Personal data, including
Social Security numbers of 26.5 million U.S. veterans, was stolen from a Veterans Affairs employee this month after he took the information home without authorization, the department said Monday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Veterans Affairs Secretary Jim Nicholson said there was no evidence so far that the burglars who struck the employee's home have used the personal data ? or even know they have it. The employee, a data analyst whom Nicholson would not identify, has been placed on leave pending a review.

"We have a full-scale investigation," said Nicholson, who said the
FBI, local law enforcement and the VA inspector general were investigating. "I want to emphasize, there was no medical records of any veteran and no financial information of any veteran that's been compromised."

"We have decided that we must exercise an abundance of caution and make sure our veterans aware of this incident," he said in a conference call with reporters.

The theft of stolen information comes as the department has come under criticism for shoddy accounting practices and for falling short on the needs of veterans. Last year, more than 260,000 veterans could not sign up for services because of cost-cutting. Audits also have shown the agency used misleading accounting methods and lacked documentation to prove its claimed savings.

On Monday, the VA said it was in the process of notifying members of Congress and the individual veterans about the burglary, setting up a call center and Web site if veterans believe their information has been misused.

It also is stepping up its review of procedures for the use of personal data for many of its employees who telecommute as well as others who must sign disclosure forms showing they are aware of federal privacy laws and the consequences if they're violated.

Nicholson declined to comment on the specifics of the incident, which involved a career employee who had taken the information home to suburban Maryland ? on disks, according to congressional sources who were briefed on the incident ? to work on a department project.

The residential community had been a target of a series of burglaries and the employee was victimized earlier this month, according to the FBI in Baltimore, which was investigating the incident.

The material represents personal data of all living veterans who served and have been discharged since 1976, according to the department. The information was included the veterans' discharge summary that goes into a government database.

___

On the Net:

Information for veterans suspecting identity theft:

http://www.firstgov.gov or 1-800-FED-INFO

TackleTheWorld

Yeah!  I knew my life was forfeit while I was enlisted, but 30 years later it is still vulnerable to the slime pit of bureaucracy? 

Anger...disgust ... becoming ... unmanagable
:angry4:
Time to go to the pistol range and blow holes in a few dozen paper targets.

AlanM

Quote from: Tunga on May 21, 2006, 08:58 PM NHFT

Tunga remembers (cause he is wicked old) the Beatles Sgt. Peppers Album art was full of inuendo regarding the whole "Paul is dead" thing. The patch on Pauls sleeve had the initials O.P.D. just visible in the photo.

Cha ching.

Has Tunga ever played Revolution Number 9 backwards? (Vinyl record only) AlanM has, and he heard John's voice say "I buried Paul"

Russell Kanning

Hey ..... the good news is that there is no more info to be stolen in the real ID database .... it is already out there.

Tunga

Quote from: AlanM on May 22, 2006, 08:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tunga on May 21, 2006, 08:58 PM NHFT

Cha ching.

Has Tunga ever played Revolution Number 9 backwards? (Vinyl record only) AlanM has, and he heard John's voice say "I buried Paul"

According to John in the Playboy interview which Tunga finished reading the night Lennon was killed, he claims that at the end of Strawberry fields forever when you can here what sounds like the same phrase forwards it was really "cranberry sauce".

Number 9 backwards was "Turn me on dead man".

There was also a moaning "Oh untimley death" burried in there too. Those guys had some fun getting us to destroy the stylus.

Dreepa

There was an article about the wife of a NH Senator who felt harassed ( I think it was Flanders' wife)  Sen Johnson's wife I can't find the article right now.
edit--- for the strike... Thank you Tunga

This was an LTE today:
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/REPOSITORY/605230369/1029/OPINION03

Tunga

The wife of the state senator who felt harassed by the people who she thinks know absolutely nothing about the federal government's really ignorant desire to brand us like cattle is lucky it was only a phone call that bothered her and not the third-degree burns her favorite senator might be recovering from following a good old-fashioned tarring with feathers.  

Not really the best way to win hearts and minds now is it?

Tunga