• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Rocketman on June 22, 2006, 04:03 PM NHFT
Sorry Denis, but I say people who vote for Barnes deserve what they get, i.e. to be represented by an avowed statist who admits he is glad government is taking more and more of our freedoms. 

:clapping: :clapping:

tracysaboe

We don't deserve the government they get though  >:(

Tracy

toowm

I've been thinking of consistently voting "none of the above" or more specifically "NOTA" in cases like this. Could we possibly get double digits for such a write-in? Should we push for a state law that NOTA be on every ballot and no candidate holds office if NOTA wins?

Dreepa

Hmm that is a great thought.

I wonder how we would do this.
Maybe it would have to go through the house and senate..... which of course prob don't want it.

Rocketman

Quote from: toowm on June 27, 2006, 08:14 AM NHFT
I've been thinking of consistently voting "none of the above" or more specifically "NOTA" in cases like this. Could we possibly get double digits for such a write-in? Should we push for a state law that NOTA be on every ballot and no candidate holds office if NOTA wins?

I'm not aware of a case when mainstream politicians actually supported putting NOTA on ballots, but it sounds like a great reform to me.  Unfortunately, we would probably have to elect a free state majority to the NH house and senate before we could pass it.

Politicians aren't all stupid.  Many of them understand that their power depends on upholding the illusion of public support.  An illusion NOTA would likely destroy...

Dave Ridley

Sending this to my exec councilor

---

Dear Councilor Pignatelli:

Back in May you informed me by phone of your discomfort with the Federal Real ID Act and of the likelihood that you would vote to reject the $3 million "Real ID Bribe" if it comes before the Council. 

I wanted to express my continued strong hope that you will maintain this disposition, or strengthen it, as the time of decision draws closer. 

Have you reached a point yet where you are ready to commit to your constituents that you will not, under any circumstances, vote to accept this money?  Are you ready to promise that you never help to place New Hampshire under the thrall of this "Constitutionally challenged" system?

(sig)

Tom Sawyer

d_goddard

We do need to make a new push for this as the pawns move the piece in the Fiscal Committee!
I say call all 5 in the Exec Council, why take half-measures?
Their contact info is copllaed in this thread:
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3865.0

Dave Ridley

Arright I've re-contacted all 5 now by e-mail. I should probably make some calls too.

Guys they are counting on us losing steam; we have to keep our energy level up on this. 

tracysaboe

Quote from: Rocketman on June 27, 2006, 10:39 AM NHFT

I'm not aware of a case when mainstream politicians actually supported putting NOTA on ballots, but it sounds like a great reform to me.  Unfortunately, we would probably have to elect a free state majority to the NH house and senate before we could pass it.

In which case we wouldn't need it because w/in two years we'll have removed 90% of the existing government structure as it is w/in New Hampshire.

TRacy

John

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 03, 2006, 07:17 PM NHFT. . . we have to keep our energy level up on this. 

We must keep trying.

As I said to Sen. Morse, "There are many things we can agree-to-disagree on: This is not one of them!"

If these Republicans force this down our throats, they will have lost the "limited government" argument - forever.

Dave Ridley

Called a few churches in concord and left voice mails about this issue.  No response.

d_goddard

Churches... well, pick your targets carefully.
I don't know if I posted this earlier, but I had a USELESS long conversation with the "Watchtower" people, the Jehova's Witnesses. They came to my door about 2 days after the Real-ID rally so I decided what the hell, explain the situation to them. I told them, "if this is what you believe, that the devil has actually come and numbered the populace... would you not just call one of these 5 people RIGHT NOW from my phone, and simply say, you think it's not a Good Thing?"

Their answer ... absolutely "no". They will not "get involved in politics". It does not matter how trivially. These pathetic, sorry, people hoping to be saved and unwilling to lift a finger to do it ... except for recruiting more people to share their tagic vision of a world being damned. How twisted.  ::)

</RANT>

tracysaboe

Don't knock the Non-political people too much.

Those are the type of people this country ultimately needs to have after the government gets completely demolished.

Thank them for their non-politicalism and hope that in time everybody become that way so much that the system fades into invisibility.

Tracy

d_goddard

Bullsh--. They wasted two hours of my time. Shame on me for working so hard on a low-return endeavor.
I don't have that kind of time to waste!