• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: d_goddard on July 09, 2006, 02:53 AM NHFT
Bullsh--. They wasted two hours of my time. Shame on me for working so hard on a low-return endeavor.
I don't have that kind of time to waste!

Denis, you failed to recognize that the JW's believe that everyone who can be saved, has already been saved (the "144,000"). You're correct that they are fatalistic. They believe that the best any of us can hope for is eternal physical life on Earth, not the reward of Heaven and eternity in God's presence.

Personally, I don't suffer pseudo-Christian missionaries at my door. Scripture says that he who receives the heretic shares in his sin (cite provided later, if requested). I'm not rude with them, but I don't waste their time, nor let them waste mine.

Kevin

tracysaboe

Quote from: d_goddard on July 09, 2006, 02:53 AM NHFT
Bullsh--. They wasted two hours of my time. Shame on me for working so hard on a low-return endeavor.
I don't have that kind of time to waste!

I won't argue with you there. I agree with Kevin.

Tracy

Dave Ridley

There are some good things about the Witnesses.  According to privacy guru J.J. Luna the best way to secure your personal data from theft by a maid or janitor service is to call your local Kingdom Hall and hire someone from it as your maid or janitor.   He says they all so fervently believe their Creator is watching them, they have the best track record of any religious organization in this regard.   He says they  make up some huge percentage of the janitor services in the U.S.

I guess they must not let just anyone be a Witness.  I think they are kinda outside the system in other ways too, but I don't know. 

It's better to reserve our scorn for people who are actually hurting us rather than those who failing to do what we think they should.   The right to do nothing may be one of the most important rights a human has, and doing nothing to help or harm you is an improvement on what your average neighbor is doing.

tracysaboe

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 09, 2006, 02:34 PM NHFT
The right to do nothing may be one of the most important rights a human has, and it is an improvement on what your average neighbor is doing.

You're always so much more elequent then I am Dada.

(Not that that's saying much.)  ;)

TRacy

Dave Ridley

Got a call on July 10 from Exec Councilor Pignatelli (pronounced ping nuh TELL ee), committing to vote against real id fund acceptance.  She said she has heard from a lot of people on this.  She said a few were in favor of real ID.  She said she asked fed Senator Biden for advice and he said take the money. She also said that commissioner Flynn from the Dept. of safety sent her some kind of info packet, presumably favoring real id. 

She seemed to be under the impression that the other councilors are with her, but she indicated uncertainty as to what would happen "if they were contacted by their Senator", meaning I assume Judd Gregg.

Dave Ridley

Oh also she siad that the governor must first put this issue on the agenda before the council can even vote to accept.  So if anyone talks the governer into keeping this off the agenda, it will not even come up for a vote, and the money will not get accepted for the moment.

Please do as I have done and give the governor a call if you haven't, and urge him to keep the state from accepting this real ID money.  you can leave a voice msg after hours and, again , his number is

271 2121 

Dave Ridley

thanks for the kind words tracy!

Tom Sawyer

Great editorial. Thanks for the link. 8)

Dave Ridley

heres the full text.   Nice to see the sentinel on board with two freedom causes even if they sound defeatest about one of them.

---

Live free or drive

Thanks to the New Hampshire Legislature, it will soon be considerably easier to get married here than to get a driver?s license.

The state had already done away with blood tests and residence requirements. People from anywhere can just walk in and get a marriage license from any town or city clerk they please. Now, they can proceed immediately to the preacher or whomever. As of July 4, there?s no more required three-day waiting period during which engaged people were supposed to think things over and read the brochures about fetal alcohol, family planning and AIDS.

The newly relaxed procedure is a tourism measure. Apparently, now that the Old Man of the Mountain is gone, people have been deciding that getting married would be a fun thing to do on vacation. But the three-day delay got in the way. Now no problem.

There are still a few requirements and limitations. You have to fill out an application, however rushed you may be. You have to show some sort of photo ID and tell the clerk your Social Security number. You have to prove you?re 18 or older (otherwise you need parental consent or a waiver). You have to prove death or divorce has separated you from any previous spouses you mention on the form. You are not permitted to marry a person of the same sex in New Hampshire. And you are not supposed to marry your brother, sister, cousin or other close relative. That should be easy enough for most people. If you get an early start, you could be married by lunch.

By way of contrast, wait until you try to get or renew a driver?s license in New Hampshire after next year. Beginning in 2008, the state will first have to verify your birth certificate, your Social Security number and any other identity or immigration documents you are required to present. So you may save three days getting married, but you?ll probably have to wait a week or more before you get a driver?s license ? if you get one at all.

Then all the information collected about you, complete with a digital photograph, will go into a national computer database. Can?t be too careful.

This is all thanks to the U.S. Congress and the New Hampshire Senate ? which voted earlier this year to subject Granite Staters to this inquisition.

The New Hampshire marriage license fee is $45. A driver?s license costs $50. We shudder to think of what the price will be after the Division of Motor Vehicles hires the legions of people it will need to turn Live Free or Die into folklore.

tracysaboe

Next step. Abolish Marriage Licensing.

TRacy

d_goddard

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 13, 2006, 10:10 PM NHFT
Next step. Abolish Marriage Licensing.
Tracy, you have officially scared the shit out of me.
You are being completely realistic. I agree 100%.
I need a(nother) drink.  :occasion14:

John

mr.apathy

Hey all, I'm a new resident of NH, and new to this forum.
I'm currently active in fighting Real ID in NH. I've posted contact info of all the budget officers and executive coucilors elsewhere in this sight and in the editorial sections of local news papers. I refuse to give up this battle and am excited to see others involved in this. Is anyone here planning to goto the next budget meeting? I would like to go check it out next month.

Dreepa

Quote from: mr.apathy on July 20, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT
Hey all, I'm a new resident of NH, and new to this forum.

Welcome!!!
have you signed the pledge?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000