• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Music, anyone?

Started by 1984IsNow, March 24, 2006, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

1984IsNow

This may seem a bit random...
but I find my personal favorite way to spread an idea or view on something is through the music I write/play/listen to.  Anyone else here into music?  If so, what kind?  I'm curious :)

1984IsNow

Nice, any favorite artists in particular?

FTL_Ian

I'm not "into" music, but I appreciate a wide variety of it, and enjoy it.  Are there people that don't like music of any kind?  I suppose there are...

1984IsNow

I don't quite understand it myself, but there definitely are.  I find myself shocked everytime I run into one.

Fluff and Stuff

Music and freedom activism are the most important parts of my life.  I'll post what my myspace profile says about it.

I write a little, but nothing that I can publish  ;)

http://www.myspace.com/tnfreedom

QuoteI love the punk (oi!, pop-punk, hardcore, irish, skacore and more). I have been known to listen to metal, country, pop, folk, rock, rap, oldies, and more. I listen to music 8-10 hours per day so you could say that I'm more than just a little bit into it.

My favorite punk bands: Against All Authority, Anti-Flag*, Crass, The Queers*, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Angelic Upstarts, ADD, The Casualties, The Dead Boys, Bouncing Souls, Agnostic Front, Bad Religion, Ramallah, Transplants, Circle Jerks, Corporate Avenger*, Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphys, NOFX*, Pennywise, Propagandhi, RATM, The Clash, The Used, Anti Nowhere League, The Unseen, The Vandals, Exploited, Forgotten Rebels, GC*, Lower Class Brats, Monty's Fan Club, The Donnas, Flogging Molly, Mustard Plug, Near Miss, Melee, No Use For a Name, Closet Monster, Blink 182, Relient K, Rise Against, Rufio, Social Distortion*, Choking Victim, Blondie, Plain White T's, New Found Glory, Black Flag, Atom and His Package, Chixdiggit, Infinities End, Sum41*, Simple Plan, Whole Wheat Bread, The Ducky Boys, The Get Up Kids, Senses Fail, The Damned, Strung Out, Staring Back, The Matches, the Ramones, The Starting Line, Thrice, River City Rebels, Rancid*, Leftover Crack, Sex Pistols, Antiseen, The Ramones, Goldfinger...

Other bands: Green Day*, the Offspring, Blood for Blood*, Sublime, Killradio, 311, Twisted Sister, The Beastie Boys*, System of a Down, The Who, Queen, Weezer, Godsmack, Rush, Bowling for Soup*, America, Kottonmouth Kings*, Papa Roach, Korn, Cypress Hill, Jack Off Jill, ICP, Arch Enemy, Capital Steps, Hatebread, Aerosmith, CCR, Beach Boys, NWA, The Doors, Public Enemy, The Moldy Peaches, Metallica, Atreyu, REM...

Some singers that I like: Hank Williams Jr.*, Kid Rock*, Ashlee Simpson, Lil Wyte, Phil Oches*, Cat Stevens, Britney Spears, Dr. Dre, Kevin Bloody Wilson, Marlyn Manson, Hank III, Pete Seger, Will Smith, Tim McGraw, Eminem*, Toby Keith*, Ludacris*, Garth Brooks, Neil Sedaka, Justin Sane, Johnny Cash*, Immortal Technique, Merele Haggard, George Jones, David Allan Coe*, Willie Nelson, Alan Jackson, John Prine, Tom Paxton, Travis Tritt...

Local shit: Some of the Smith Seven Records crap, The Dempseys, Egypt Central...

*These bands (singers) kick ass.

1984IsNow

Got some great bands there.
I was into punk for yeeears, I'm just now kind of jumping from punk to metal.  always been into the political bands like pennywise, anti-flag, propagandhi, a global threat, etc...
More into metal of various sorts these days, though. 

Tunga

"After ten years
of waiting
nothing happened." - RadioHead  ^-^

ravelkinbow

All kinds of music in this house but our favorite anti-bad gov song at the moment is A Perfect Circle
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
:icon_drummer:

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: 1984IsNow on March 25, 2006, 12:34 AM NHFT
I don't quite understand it myself, but there definitely are.  I find myself shocked everytime I run into one.

I find myself shocked and a little concerned for my species every time I run into someone who can't live without music buzzing in their ears and, sometimes everybody elses.

AlanM

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 25, 2006, 07:30 AM NHFT

I find myself shocked and a little concerned for my species every time I run into someone who can't live without music buzzing in their ears and, sometimes everybody elses.

Well said, Lloyd.  ;)

Tunga

Quote from: AlanM on March 25, 2006, 08:02 AM NHFT

Well said, Lloyd.  ;)

WHAT? :D

Dave Ridley

If anyone knows a decent electronic-oriented DJ/producer type, plz hook me up with them because I can dump vocals and lyrics into the mix.  Here's one I wrote and sang but the producer didn't finish.  It has some really naked spots that just sound wrong but you'll get the idea:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dadaorwell/Gimmee_Draft_3.mp3

but i could work with most any genre or anyone who has studio stuff and can produce, if the sound is right.   i can't produce my way out of a grove of trees, i just want a mike to stand in front of.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Tunga on March 25, 2006, 09:59 AM NHFT

Well said, Lloyd.  ;)

Old Guy 1 said "I am old" to Old Guy 2.

AlanM

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 25, 2006, 04:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tunga on March 25, 2006, 09:59 AM NHFT

Well said, Lloyd.  ;)

Old Guy 1 said "I am old" to Old Guy 2.

Mature man 1, speaking to mature man 2  ;)

Tunga

"Shutup just shutup shutup.
Shutitup just shutup." - The Black Eyed Peas