• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Music, anyone?

Started by 1984IsNow, March 24, 2006, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 25, 2006, 04:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tunga on March 25, 2006, 09:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on March 25, 2006, 08:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 25, 2006, 07:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: 1984IsNow on March 25, 2006, 12:34 AM NHFT
I don't quite understand it myself, but there definitely are.  I find myself shocked everytime I run into one.

I find myself shocked and a little concerned for my species every time I run into someone who can't live without music buzzing in their ears and, sometimes everybody elses.

Well said, Lloyd.  ;)

WHAT? :D

Old Guy 1 said "I am old" to Old Guy 2.

I have always listened to a variety of music, Rock, folk, classical, but, I have never felt compulsed to listen to it all the time.  I don't listen to much that happened after the late '70's or so.  The popular stuff around then was probably no better than most of the stuff out there now, crap, but, I like it because of what was going on in my life at the time, getting high, getting laid, etc.
Except for some stuff by lyricists like Dylan and Lennon-McCartney most of the stuff we listened to isn't likely to survive into the future anymore than todays stuff.
Deep lyrics?  Give me a break!  You can't hear the lyrics arount the noise!

Tunga

Deep lyrics?  Give me a break!  You can't hear the lyrics arount the noise!-LD

Me thinks you generalize Lloyd.

For example in the Rolling drunk Stones not so smash hit "Saint of Me" on Bridges to Babylon Mic say's " Saint Paul the Persecutor was a cruel and sinful man, Jesus hit him with a blinding light and then his life began." 

What about in U2's big hit "Walk on" where Bono sings:
"All that you fashion,
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break
All that you measure
All that you steal
All this you can leave behind"

Doesn't that touch on the duality of life? You can't take it with you right?
What does all this shit we surround ourselves with mean to us? Probably way too much from what I've seen. Not that shit is a bad thing. Freezing to death for want of a pair of shoes is nothing to scoff at.

"The only baggage that you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind"

I gave up earphones on the X-C trails at night because the blood curdling screams of the fisher cat scared the hairs on the back of my neck straight out.

Saftey glasses and 38 caliber bear repellent have replaced earbuds since those days.

ravelkinbow

A PERFECT CIRCLE LYRICS

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums"

Don't fret precious I'm here, step away from the window
Go back to sleep
Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils,
See, they don't give a fuck about you, like I do.

These lyrics are written as the government talking to the people

Lloyd Danforth

I'm sure they'll be playing that stuff a 100 years from now..........wait......no, thats Bach!

Get back to me in 30 years and let me know if you even remember the names of the bands ;D

1984IsNow

"Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes" by Propagandhi

The tangled webs they weave span from Pine to Ruby Ridge, way back from Shay's defeat on up to Gustafsen (now cue the ass parade of ditto-heads and commissars and pricks to drown out this faintest threat of commie faggot heretics). Conclusion: the nail that sticks up gets hammered down and the master's finest tools are found slack-jawed and placid amidst the cacophony of screaming billboards and Disney-fied history. Sometimes the ties that bind are strange: no justice shines upon the cemetery plots marked Hampton, Weaver or Anna-Mae where Federal Bureaus and Fraternal Orders have cast their shadows; permanent features built into these borders. But undercover of the customary gap we find between History and Truth, the Founding Fathers bask in the rocket's blinding red glare. The bombs bursting in air. One nation. Indivisible? The truth is when the back-country learned of ratification the People had a coffin painted black and solemnly borne in funeral procession, they buried it deep in the earth as an emblem of the dissolution and internment of their Publick Liberty. Someday, somewhere, today's empires are tomorrow's ashes.

Tunga

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 26, 2006, 11:22 AM NHFT
I'm sure they'll be playing that stuff a 100 years from now..........wait......no, thats Bach!

Get back to me in 30 years and let me know if you even remember the names of the bands ;D

What did Jackie Wilson say? :-\

Otosan

If it aint "Da Blues", it aint music...... ;D

aworldnervelink

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 25, 2006, 10:19 AM NHFT
If anyone knows a decent electronic-oriented DJ/producer type, plz hook me up with them because I can dump vocals and lyrics into the mix. 

Dave, as soon as I buy a house (which could be very very soon) I will be reassembling my studio. I have a professional iso booth and Neumann mic and I can produce.

Dave Ridley

<<Dave, as soon as I buy a house (which could be very very soon) I will be reassembling my studio. I have a professional iso booth and Neumann mic and I can produce.>>

that is interesting!  You got any files on the net that i could listen to?

1984IsNow

I have quite a bit of experience recording.
I did the demos for the last couple bands I was in, but nothing professional.  I had already been excepted to my #1 college, to study audio production, but then I decided to be impulsive and follow playing drums (13 years and going strong, muaha) instead.
We should do some jamming sometime.

Fluff and Stuff

Anti-Flags new CD rocks.  They even included a version of the First They Came For the Communist Poem in one of the songs.  I got the CD and Shirt and will be taking them to Porcfest to share with all that are willing.

aworldnervelink

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 26, 2006, 08:57 PM NHFT
You got any files on the net that i could listen to?

After listening to your song sample, I have to say -- trip hop? That was more like MSI meets Foetus meets the Oompa Loompas, all on some bad acid! Don't take that the wrong way, I did like it.

I've uploaded a song from my old band Chew's Eye Shop (the only song that could truly respond to your work). I wrote the music, recorded and mixed the track, and did some backing vox. My friend Andrew did the lead vox and Larry played the guitar. It's worth noting that I mixed this track on an analog board.

http://www.anaglyph.net/kevin/05%20Trinitite.mp3

We should talk more at the MVP meeting on Saturday...

Gray

aworldnervelink wrote:
"I've uploaded a song from my old band Chew's Eye Shop (the only song that could truly respond to your work). I wrote the music, recorded and mixed the track, and did some backing vox. My friend Andrew did the lead vox and Larry played the guitar. It's worth noting that I mixed this track on an analog board."

Aye!  Another Blade Runner enthusiast! 

As far as the tune...cool!  I can easily see that tune with DadaOrwell's Gimmee on a collection.  In a note I emailed to DadaOrwell I wrote, his song...as well as yours comes from a vein similar to a friend of mine,   http://www.yabbadubyadoo.com/

Who knows (!?)  maybe this is calling for someone to set-up an NH Underground cd!  A promotional/fund-raiser for the cause...as well as reaching out to the masses with music!

Thrive!

9thmoon

Queensryche!
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference, everyone must know
eradicate the fascists
Reveolution will grow

The system we learn says we're equal under law
but the streets are reality
the weak and poor will fall
Let's tip the power-balance
tear down their crown
educate the masses
we'll burn the White House down

A Perfect Circle
(there're so many of us, there're so many of us)
Let's have a war
So you can go and die
Let's have a war
We could all use the money
Let's have a war
We need the space!
Let's have a war
clean out this place...
It already started in the city...
Suburbia will be just as easy...

Let's have a war
Jack up the Dow Jones
Let's have a war
It can start in New Jersey
Let's have a war
Blame it on the middle class
Let's have a war
They're like rats in a cage

Let's have a war
Sell the rights to the networks
Let's have a war
They don't want us to get fat like last time
Let's have a war
Give <a href="http://www.pinkpistols.org/index2.html">guns to the queers</a>...
Let's have a war
...the enemies within

Tunga

Has anyone heard Comander Cody will be at Strange Brew tonight?
Probly will check that out.

"'Cause he was,
Too old to rock and roll
Too young to die" - Jethro Tull