• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Music, anyone?

Started by 1984IsNow, March 24, 2006, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: Roger Grant on April 24, 2006, 06:25 PM NHFT
Cool I saw Tangerine Dream twice

(Sheer, unadulterated jealousy)
What year(s) would this have been?

Two years ago I got the "Tangerine Dream Bootlegs" boxed sets for Christmas, they have been a mainstay of my life ever since. Classic freak-out electronic Tadream wierdness from the 70's and 80's.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: d_goddard on April 24, 2006, 07:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on April 24, 2006, 06:25 PM NHFT
Cool I saw Tangerine Dream twice

(Sheer, unadulterated jealousy)
What year(s) would this have been?

Two years ago I got the "Tangerine Dream Bootlegs" boxed sets for Christmas, they have been a mainstay of my life ever since. Classic freak-out electronic Tadream wierdness from the 70's and 80's.

Maybe like 85 and 87... sorry that part of my memory banks are a little crispy. ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 25, 2006, 10:19 AM NHFT
  Here's one I wrote and sang but the producer didn't finish.  It has some really naked spots that just sound wrong but you'll get the idea:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dadaorwell/Gimmee_Draft_3.mp3

I missed that until Roger pointed it out. Cool stuff!

Is part of it in Bosnian?  ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on April 24, 2006, 07:23 PM NHFT
  Here's one I wrote and sang but the producer didn't finish.  It has some really naked spots that just sound wrong but you'll get the idea:

I missed that until Roger pointed it out. Cool stuff!

Is part of it in Bosnian?  ;)

I only found it because Denis mentioned it... :D

Tunga

Here, for the first time, the lyrics to Neil Young?s ?Let?s Impeach the President?:

Let?s impeach the president for lying

And leading our country into war

Abusing all the power that we gave him

And shipping all our money out the door

He?s the man who hired all the criminals

The White House shadows who hide behind closed doors

And bend the facts to fit with their new stories

Of why we have to send our men to war

Let?s impeach the president for spying

On citizens inside their own homes

Breaking every law in the country

By tapping our computers and telephones

What if Al Qaeda blew up the levees

Would New Orleans have been safer that way

Sheltered by our government?s protection

Or was someone just not home that day?

Let?s impeach the president

For hijacking our religion and using it to get elected

Dividing our country into colors

And still leaving black people neglected

Thank god he?s racking down on steroids

Since he sold his old baseball team

There?s lot of people looking at big trouble

But of course the president is clean

Thank God

Tunga

Y did Mr. neil forget to capitalize Citizen? cause He's canadien?
To be one of the People means accepting a mutual responsibility to others of your ilk.

TackleTheWorld

Dave, That ROCKS my socks!

Listen to that while you're looking at the KBCraig's spaz avatar.  Whoopee!

Recumbent ReCycler

If anyone knows a decent electronic-oriented DJ/producer type, plz hook me up with them because I can dump vocals and lyrics into the mix.  Here's one I wrote and sang but the producer didn't finish.  It has some really naked spots that just sound wrong but you'll get the idea:

but i could work with most any genre or anyone who has studio stuff and can produce, if the sound is right.   i can't produce my way out of a grove of trees, i just want a mike to stand in front of.
I found a way to get rid of the "naked spots".  ;D  Click on the link that starts the music, wait a few seconds, then click on it again.  If you're lucky, the music will overlap itself, but the beats will align, and you get something that sounds pretty good.  Although I think it sounds pretty good by itself, even with the "naked spots".  ;)

burnthebeautiful

I was pleasantly surprised by the lyrics to the first song on the new Hoobastank album. They're basically pretty boy poprock band, but the first song on their latest album has neat lyrics.

It starts with an intro of a drill sargeant yelling at soldiers that they are incapable of irrational thought, to only do what they're told, to not speak their opinion etc.

With eyes closed tightly,
I march so blindly.
Pretending everything's fine,
'Cause you're there to keep me in line.
I don't want your guidance,
I'll break my silence.
So sick of asking and being denied and now I realise.

<Chorus>
We're holding the key, to unlock our destiny,
We were Born To Lead.
We're finally free, no longer following,
We were Born To Lead... we were Born To Lead.

You can't ignore me(you can't ingnore me)
You cant think for me(you can't think for me)
Your world will come crashing down to the ground,
'Cause I figured you out.

I use to think I'm ALL alone,
But now I see our numbers grow.
I'm not afraid to break away,
Think on my own

With eyes wide open,
My new life begins.
Without you there to tell me, when, where and how,
And you can't stop me now!

8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on April 27, 2006, 09:48 PM NHFT
If anyone knows a decent electronic-oriented DJ/producer type, plz hook me up with them because I can dump vocals and lyrics into the mix.  Here's one I wrote and sang but the producer didn't finish.  It has some really naked spots that just sound wrong but you'll get the idea:

but i could work with most any genre or anyone who has studio stuff and can produce, if the sound is right.   i can't produce my way out of a grove of trees, i just want a mike to stand in front of.
I found a way to get rid of the "naked spots".  ;D  Click on the link that starts the music, wait a few seconds, then click on it again.  If you're lucky, the music will overlap itself, but the beats will align, and you get something that sounds pretty good.  Although I think it sounds pretty good by itself, even with the "naked spots".  ;)

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

Zork

I'd say music is a pervasive part of my life, but I am TERRIBLE at remembering names, of people, of bands, of songs. 

I am an ecclete. (For those of you not in the know, it's a noun form of "ecclectic" that I invented a few years ago while I was drunk).  I listen to more or less everything, but my favorite genres are classic rock and dance.  Recently, I've been listening to a Greek musician, Vangelis, more or less exclusively.  I just can't get enough of his haunting melodies.

As a side note, something any one interested in discovering new music would be interested in is Pandora and the Music Genome Project.  You create a station based on an artist or song, and it anylizes that artist/song and plays other artists and songs based on similar "genetic" traits of the music, such as instrumentation, tonality, mood, etc.

d_goddard

Quote from: fourthgeek on May 10, 2006, 10:42 PM NHFT
http://www.fourthgeek.com/04-tuli_kokko-gw.mp3
It's called folk metal.
I have only one question:
Where can I get more of this??
It was pleasant enough at first... but when I heard the break at around 1:01 ... I was hooked :)

Folk-metal anthems. Rock.

citizen_142002

What about Bob Marley?

Tunga