• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press Brainstorming Brunch

Started by Caleb, March 25, 2006, 08:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

We have a weekly meeting at The Stage Restaurant at Noon on Saturdays to brainstorm for the Keene Free Press. Anyone interested in contributing ideas to the KFP is welcome to attend. :idea1:

Where:  Stage Restaurant  30 Central Sq Keene
When:  Noon, every Saturday

pothole repairs to follow

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

I have people asking if/when we have meetings ..... so now we have some.

AlanM

Some ideas:

Article on what liberties have been lost. What was life like before the liberties were taken away. For instance, what was life pre-zoning?

Articles on alternatives to the present system. Maybe take a look at what a voluntary system would look like. How would it function?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on March 25, 2006, 08:41 AM NHFT
Some ideas:

Article on what liberties have been lost. What was life like before the liberties were taken away.

I bet I could get my mother to write this article.

AlanM

"Articles on alternatives to the present system. Maybe take a look at what a voluntary system would look like. How would it function?"

I'm currently in the process of writing an essay from Shorty Dawkins talking about "Only the willing", which is the voluntary philosophy of Upton's Corners. It will be long, though. Not sure if it will be suitable for the KFP.

Ron Helwig

How about a weekly article on why Keene is a good place for freedom lovers to live, with a picture. Each week find some one thing to write about; whether it is a person or a place.

Liberty is keen on Keene/Liberty Loves Keene
item name here
(insert picture)
Keene is the home of...

I'm seriously considering a XFP franchise for Deerfield once I get moved in.

Kat Kanning

Oh that's great, Ron.  :)  Let us know how we can help get you started.

Yes, we had a brunch, but only Caleb, Russell, Kira and I were there.  Steve showed up as we were leaving.  Heading out to the courthouse to repair some potholes here in a minute.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on March 25, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
Some ideas:

Article on what liberties have been lost. What was life like before the liberties were taken away.

Make Alan write it

Kat Kanning

AlanM

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 25, 2006, 03:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on March 25, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
Some ideas:

Make Alan write it

Make? Lloyd, I am positively shocked!!!! Don't you really mean: Suggest to Alan that perhaps he should write the goddam article himself, since it was his goddam idea?

Russell Kanning

Ron Helwig

How about video?

If news shows were more like this http://revision3.com/diggnation/2006-02-23/media I might actually like them
:occasion14:

For those who might want to know how, here's a start:
http://revision3.com/systm/podcasting/media

dawn

Quote from: AlanM on March 25, 2006, 08:59 AM NHFT
"Articles on alternatives to the present system. Maybe take a look at what a voluntary system would look like. How would it function?"
It will be long, though. Not sure if it will be suitable for the KFP.

How about releasing it in chapters? Put one manageable chunk in each issue.