• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grab this quick!

Started by Ron Helwig, March 29, 2006, 01:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Helwig

The last lot in my subdivision is now up for grabs. As I was passing by around noon today I saw them putting up the sign.

This lot is surrounded by town owned land, much of which is politically undevelopable. There's been talk of putting some town facilities on one side, but nothing ever seems to happen there.

It is a lakeshore lot, probably around 2.something acres. There might be issues with ledge, but it would be a stunning view.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dreepa

Ron Helwig

I paid about $130,000 for my lot. When I talked to the owner when he was still thinking about building he mentioned 150.

The road was upgraded to good enough for the fire units - I have to upgrade my drive yet.
It is walking distance to the Mr. Mike's/Citgo convenience/gas store (the builders go there for lunch every day - there's a lunch kitchen there).

In the whole 30 or so acre area, which is roughly shaped like a fat football, there is:
Skip Widmer and his dog Spanky,
Me and Otis, and soon Roger, Jeremy, and Anthony,
A town owned undevelopable plot,
The available lot,
A large town owned lot.

Basically along one side of the football is 107, and the other side is Freese Pond. The lots are all on the lake side in the order above, except the big town lot - which all the others wrap around.

Ron Helwig

Map (move the 'pointer' left to the water line, and no that's not the real address, just what makes it come out OK):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=92+North+Road,+Deerfield+NH+03037&ll=43.152241,-71.232519&spn=0.014652,0.033989

The upper pond has lots of small shanties crammed together.
This part (lower pond) is au-natural. The opposite side is the school, so that land won't get any more developed.

This is approximately 6 miles south of the Keyes' residence.

Ron Helwig

Holy cow! They're listing a Freese pond lot at 120!

http://www.nneren.com/nneren_frame/view2.php?id=223914&ref=q&price=$119,900.00&t=

oops, there's this listing as well:
http://www.nneren.com/nneren_frame/view2.php?id=256575&ref=q&price=$165,900.00&t=
This is the one next to me, but 166 seems a bit high.

Ron Helwig

These were taken last fall at this lot.

Ron Helwig

more

Ron Helwig

last

Fluff and Stuff

why would someone want to buy a lake?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 30, 2006, 12:38 PM NHFT
;D

If the deed is like mine (and it should be), you get ownership of the property up to the shoreline. Add some dirt and your land grows!  8)

It would be terrific to have a Porc grab this.

Russell Kanning

Man .... if I paid $130,000 I would want a house thrown into the bargin. :)

Ron Helwig

My sister bought a house over 10 years ago for around $15,000. They're taxing her at almost $50,000 now. She has to keep her windows closed on Wednesdays (hog kill day) since she's only one block from the plant. At least the church on the block burned down.  >:D

My last house in MN cost me just about $130,000 in '97, including the land. But it was much smaller (both the land and the house), it didn't have a lake in the front yard, and the neighboring houses were all the same. It was a real "Pleasant Valley" sort of feeling. ;)

aries

Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 30, 2006, 12:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: TN-FSP on March 30, 2006, 12:38 PM NHFT
;D

If the deed is like mine (and it should be), you get ownership of the property up to the shoreline. Add some dirt and your land grows!  8)

It would be terrific to have a Porc grab this.
Just get a powerful pump!

Ron Helwig

Quote from: aries on March 30, 2006, 04:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 30, 2006, 12:42 PM NHFT
Just get a powerful pump!

Or I could blow the dam.  >:D
I have an old newspaper article that talks about what happened in the '80s when the old dam broke and had to be replaced. One of the effects was that wells started going dry.

Ron Helwig

Red X is the location for sale. Almost directly east, at the Y, is the Mr. Mike's convienience and gas store.
Blue R is me.
Green S is my neighbor Skip.
The big open area South of the pond is the school.