• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Free Time

Started by Russell Kanning, April 02, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

NC2NH

Quote from: Hollywood on March 17, 2007, 11:18 PM NHFT
In spite of this weekend's snow storm, Spring will arrive in The Shire on Tuesday March 20 at 7:22 PM NHFT.

Autumn will arrive in The Shire on Sunday September 23 at 5:06 AM NHFT (5:51 AM EDT).

Daylight Stupid Time ends on Sunday November 4 at 1:15 AM NHFT (1:00 AM EST, one minute after 1:59 AM EDT).

Russell Kanning

ah the joys of NHFTy time ... I can look at my watch at noon and know that the sun will be right overhead ... at least in a minute or 2 since I am usually on the west side of The Shire. And when others moan about the government time change those of us who don't wear watches or use Shire time will not notice. :)

Russell Kanning

welcome back to sun time, those of you recent escapees from daylight savings time 8)

maybe you will like it and stay a while

Welcome to The Shire .... enjoy the view

SethCohn

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 28, 2007, 09:20 AM NHFT
welcome back to sun time, those of you recent escapees from daylight savings time 8)

Um, no, that's next weekend.  By government order.

Russell Kanning

welcome back now .... sun time works for me.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 02, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT
... the silly US daylight savings time thing.

It was Ben Franklin who came up with the idea of changing/messing with the clocks while he was living in France.
Mr. Franklin was right on many things . . . this was not one of them. 

Russell Kanning

We know that ... but the US government pushes it on people. I adjust my activities (and their times) to the sunshine ... not changing the clock. :)

Maybe the official symbol of the Shire will have to be the turkey to use one of his ideas. :) There sure are alot of them.

John

I agree that it sucks that the government pushes this BS: but that is what governments do.  They are always pushing more BS.  Biggest BS pusher there is, as far as I can tell.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 08, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFTofficial symbol

:o :o :o :o :o :o
;D ;)

Russell Kanning

so ... is anyone else using Shire Time?

If I am the only one ... I am going to change it to my vote .... EST all the time

sandm000

Zombie thread. Wow.
I love NHFT.
I long to be on NHFT.
Regardless of what it is.
If and when I get to stop interacting with people who follow DST (ie paycheck writers) I will convert to NHFT, if you go with EST all year, I may have to get a new timezone Central New Hampshire Free Time (C-NHFT), I don't know maybe +15mins depending on how I feel, or just to be contrarty.

Russell Kanning

well ... the current version is not perfectly correct for you or me ... so if I changed NHFT ... it would make sense for you to go with an actual sunbased one :)

sandm000

Obeying any clock is conformism, I bet even sociopaths even indulge in it.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: sandm000 on March 27, 2009, 10:50 AM NHFT
Obeying any clock is conformism, I bet even sociopaths even indulge in it.
I would say anyone following a Shire Time clock are a little less conformist and more free :)

So ... I will change the time on my watch and this forum.