• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Free Time

Started by Russell Kanning, April 02, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

What do you guys think of the idea of NH not going along with Eastern Time?
I was thinking it would separate us from the silly US daylight savings time thing.

Lloyd Danforth

How about daylight savings time all year?

Dreepa

We could be 1:05pm when EDT is 1:00pm.

We are already 5 minutes ahead!

Ron Helwig

I dunno, all those farm children need to be able to get their chores done before their school bus arrives.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

They have come a long way with those flashlights you strap to your forehead

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 02, 2006, 07:55 AM NHFT
How about daylight savings time all year?
Do you think that would work out better?
We could call it NH time.
I like the idea of not switching and being different from other places. Caleb said the USA today headline for Indiana caving was "Uniformity at Last" or something. It would be fun for us to be the opposite. :)

Dreepa

Russell... I am sure that you can submit a bill to the house. ;)

Russell Kanning

Even if it doesn't pass, I will be observing the free state time zone.

Kat Kanning

You say of some people that they're in their own little world....Russell will be in his own little time zone.

sandm000

I grew up in Indiana and I couldn't believe it when they switched.  I talked to a friend there yesterday and he and I had serious trouble talking about what time it was, as he kept referring to EST as "Quote Real time". So I'm pretty sure that most of the Proles are against it. 

Anyway I would definitely like our own time zone, but you need the annual average of sunup and then make that say 7am even if it is 730am (ALL of India, for example, is +5.5 from GMT http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/timezonz.htm)

mvpel

I'm not particularly excited about the idea of dawn at 3:30am in the summertime.

KBCraig

Quote from: mvpel on April 03, 2006, 06:54 PM NHFT
I'm not particularly excited about the idea of dawn at 3:30am in the summertime.

What time does Dawn excite you? And does Bill know? Or Caryn?

;D >:D

Caleb

You know, "My man Mitch" actually campaigned on switching to daylight savings time.  What's funny is that no one in Indiana wanted to switch, that I know of, and yet somehow all the polls were saying that people were demanding it.

Mitch said that people think of Hoosiers as "hicks" because we don't switch our clocks.  But its a stupid idea anyway, and I really don't think Hoosiers are thought of as "hicks" because they didn't switch their clocks.

Caleb

Dreepa

Hawaii doesn't
Arizona doesn't

Russell Kanning

and some people in NH don't.