• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Don't forget Dr. Bennett's "free speech trial"

Started by Dave Ridley, March 30, 2006, 07:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on March 31, 2006, 08:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on March 31, 2006, 06:01 PM NHFT
I benefit from my paycheck. Doesn't mean I approve of the scope of the government. I wish the bulk of it, including my job, would cease to exist.

Of course you do otherwise you would just quit right now.

*whew*... Thanks, Russell. I was really unsure what I believe. But thanks to your omiscience, I now know that I really support the War On Some Drugs, the War On Immigration, and the War On The Constitution, even though I was previously certain that I'd rather those things disappear along with my job. Thank you for making up my mind!

QuoteYou care how many people work at your sort of job and how much money they make. There is only one way to prove that you disapprove of big government.
People can talk, but do they actually do anything. You have the power to change something.

In regards to my job, I have the power to quit. That will change exactly one thing: my ability to move to NH as soon as possible. Negatively, of course; but perhaps you'd prefer  the position I hope to fill in NH be filled by someone more committed to Washington politics than to the FSP.

I reject your contention that there is "only one way to prove that you disapprove of big government." Perhaps I missed the memo that the FSP and/or Underground had become the new home of One-True-Way-ism.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

My apologies to anyone who read my (now) deleted post.

Russell Kanning

I do believe that there is a right way to do things. I might be wrong about your situation, but I think quiting would be the best thing for you to do if you don't agree with what the government is doing.

Does it really help to move to NH and still live off the government dole?