• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any Homeschoolers Here?

Started by Rosie the Riveter, April 04, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

My daughter has begun resisting school and we'll probably return to homeschooling soon. She wanted to try school again, but obviously it's not working out.  She says "Different School, Same Story". She is so much more aware than she knows...

Anyway, since we'll be back to homeschooling soon, are their any Liberty minded homeschoolers in the Manchester area?

Kate

Kat Kanning

Well, there was one family who moved in from AK, but they've dropped out of sight.  I don't know if they're still here.  There are lots of things going on among homeschoolers in general in the Manchester area.

http://www.geocities.com/mahomeschoolers
http://www.dimentech.com/mailman/listinfo/nhhr-l

erich

Quote from: katdillon on April 05, 2006, 06:04 AM NHFT
Well, there was one family who moved in from AK, but they've dropped out of sight.  I don't know if they're still here.  <SNIP>

If you are thinking of the family I ferried to Epsom early last year, they abruptly moved to the Ohio Valley late last year.

Kat Kanning

Yes, erich, sounds like the same family.  Too bad they had to leave.

Lloyd Danforth

Condon will hear about this and claim they left because there wasn't an org to embrace them ;D

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 09, 2006, 10:44 AM NHFT
Condon will hear about this and claim they left because there wasn't an org to embrace them ;D

I'm sure I hugged up a bunch of them.  Don't know if I got them all.

erich

Quote from: katdillon on April 09, 2006, 02:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 09, 2006, 10:44 AM NHFT

I'm sure I hugged up a bunch of them.  Don't know if I got them all.

Weeeeeeeeell.....   Actuallly......  In this case, I think a figurative embrace that included an organization capable of helping the family bread-winner to win even McDonald's-level bread would have kept them here.  A few friends of liberty stepped up and did what they could to provide opportunities, but  their work is job-to-job.  And .... well .....  a person who was strategically trying to help newcomers find jobs, rather than leaving it up to the market really might make a difference in this movement.

Hmmmmmm...... :idea1:

Lloyd Danforth

erich

Fill me in.  What did he say/propose/do/not do.

Randy is not a user on this forum, at least not by that name.

Lloyd Danforth

Randy ( not Mooseboy) was a rather sleasy guy who showed up at Porcfest 2005 with the idea that we would take care of him.  Give him a place to live, food, job.
He came up from Fla. with little or no resources.  He claimed to have been employed doing flooring. Had he stayed there another month or two and saved some bucks, he might have been able to make a go of it in NH.  He had a real attitude when he discovered the FSP was not a Hippie situation.

Lloyd Danforth

Not Randal 'Mooseboy' who tried to walk to P'fest, drove and took out a moose.  The guy was Randy and he was from Fla.  Sleasy is subjective, but, even when I was a hippy, pretty much always dooing drugs,  I would have found him sleazy.  yes he was probably a 'gutter punk'.  He thought we were Hippies, in a good way, as Hippies would always put you up and share what they had with you.
I'm not confusing or combining people.  I know I was talking to someone in the last few months who remembered him.  Kat?  Dawn?

This has nothing to do with Homeschooling.  I was refering to Erich's quote.

Kat Kanning

I could never forget that guy.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TN-FSP on April 12, 2006, 10:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 12, 2006, 09:08 AM NHFT
Sleasy is subjective, but, even when I was a hippy, pretty much always dooing drugs,  I would have found him sleazy. 

OK.  What really confused me is you called him sleazy and I thought I was the most sleazy person at Porcfest 2005.  Now I am mad that I did not get to meet Randy >:(

I don't remember you, but, you can take second place if you want it :P. I think most of us are more objective about people's apearance and interest's  than you give us credit for. Except for the Rap thing, you probably don't suck, too much ;D

Thanks Kat!

cathleeninnh

I'm trying to remember this guy. Are you sure it was 2005 and not 2004? I seem to remember someone from 2004 that sorta matched your description.

Cathleen

toowm

Kate-

Back on topic - we homeschool 3 kids and are active with the Londonderry Homeschool group and the New Hampshire Homeschool coalition.