• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mass. Version of KFP for FSP

Started by Kat Kanning, April 05, 2006, 06:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

I don't know. I kind-of feel like you should put your efforts towards Freeing New Hampshire. But to each his own :)

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

I think it is intended to recruit Mass people who are harmed or otherwise effected by this law to move to NH.

tracysaboe

But is it intended to recruit libertarians and small government types from MA or just people who think MA government's too big.

There's a difference.

Tracy

toowm

There's a Mass couple that call into Free Talk Live, but I don't remember their names. The woman always starts with: "Hey, you sexy guys."

I could drop some off on the way to work (along I-93). I agree that Boston/Cambridge is a lost cause.

Kat Kanning

Thanks for the distribution help, guys!

Other than the healthcare issue, are there other hot topics in MA right now that would catch people's attention?

JonM

The recent smoking ban defeat.  That will single out libertarians, few other people seem to grasp the property rights angle of that.  The article should focus on that.

Ferrettus

If KFP Mass edition is a a recruitment effort might I suggest distributing it in  areas that elect republican house members. The left right ratio is better in those districts and more freedom oriented people live there. Most who flee the state head south . It is best to let liberals and neocons go to Florida.

toowm

Some other Mass/NH issues:

- Sales tax: there are "tax holidays" in Mass where we get this 365 days a year
- Fireworks: Mass not only bans them, their cops come undercover into NH to note Mass license plates
- Roads: How come our roads are better, yet the tax dollars are less?

Add a column from someone who has moved. One thing I found interesting (I'm from IL) was how much less the government was involved:
- Property purchase (of new home) not reported to government, only value of land
- No town water or sewer, instead my own well and septic
- No town garbage collection - privately contracted
- No huge Secretary of State drivers license bureaucracy - just a part time job for one of the town employees
- Voting on every line item of the town budget
- Citizen legislature (I think this changed within the last 20 years in Mass - leading to lobbying and corruption)
- Buying cold medicine without the third degree (this has now changed nationally :crybaby2:)

Kat Kanning

JonM

Quote from: Ferrettus on April 10, 2006, 12:23 AM NHFT
If KFP Mass edition is a a recruitment effort might I suggest distributing it in  areas that elect republican house members. The left right ratio is better in those districts and more freedom oriented people live there. Most who flee the state head south . It is best to let liberals and neocons go to Florida.
That might restrict distribution too much!

Towns that defeated a Prop 2 1/2 override perhaps . . .  Not sure how big that demographic is either.

There are libertarians in Massachusetts.  But we want activists, or people willing to become activists.  The best way to do this is to point out to the frustrated activists in Massachusetts that success is actually possible in New Hampshire.  There are gun clubs/ranges that might be a good spot for distribution.

Kat Kanning

I don't think there's a need to be so fussy about where they're placed.  Keene is supposed to be so liberal, but the Keene Free Press has been well-recieved.

KBCraig

I believe statist strongholds are the best place to distribute KFP. People of libertarian/anarchist/conservative bent are likely to feel more oppressed in such areas, and more excited to find KFP and FSP.

In the very few areas where Republicans are winning in MA, they're not going to be as eager to move. And don't forget, Republicans who win in MA are unlikely to be truly freedom-oriented.

Kevin

Lloyd Danforth

I'm guessing they will be distributed in areas where people will volunteer to distribute them. I will work the southwestern area and maybe some of the I 91 corridor.  Perhaps, 'almost lawyer' Dan can help me.

KBCraig

I'll gladly take a few bundles at ShortyFest/PorcFest, and distribute them on my way home. That will include New York, Vermont, and possibly western MA.

Kat Kanning

It looks like this will be able to happen :)  The FSP is going to buy an ad, and I have donations from two people.  Does anyone want to help?

I would like articles:
Comparing doing business in MA and NH
Comparing freedom in MA and NH
MA health care article
MA tax article
Or many of the other article ideas listed in this thread.  (what is prop 2 1/2?)

How can all this be worded so that we're attracting people interested in freedom, and not all of MA.

Maybe I can do a simultaneous article in the Keene Free Press encouraging welfare recipients to go to MA  >:D

Right now, we're looking at being able to print about 5000 copies to be distributed around MA.  But more donations would mean more copies.  If you want to help this project, you can send donations to

Paypal bookish_lass (at) yahoo (dot) com
88 Sparrow St.  Keene NH 03431