• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mass. Version of KFP for FSP

Started by Kat Kanning, April 05, 2006, 06:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

There's still time if you want to submit something.

Russell Kanning

Any day now and it will go to the printer.

Kat Kanning

Last call for articles/ads!   :D

BTW, I got another generous donation for the paper.  It'll go for another thousand or so copies.

JonM

Kat Kanning

No, but if there is one, I'll try and include it.   Throwing in extras beyond what the FSP paid for :)

Kat Kanning

Anyone want a letter to the editor included in this paper?

Kat Kanning

Anyone know how much legislators in MA make now?  Looks like it was $46,410 in 2002.

JonM

Back in 1998 the legislature put a constitutional amendment on the ballot to give themselves a pay raise every 2 years if the median income went up in Massachusetts.  In 2003 during the middle of a nasty fiscal crisis in the commonwealth they were due a 6.5% raise, and took it.  Of course, that was after the 1994 vote to raise their pay 55% . . . in exchange for a capital gains tax cut which they later repealed.

In 2005 they got a 4.1% raise.  Their base rate is $55,500, but if you're in a leadership position, and there are LOTS of those, you could make $7.5-$15k more a year.  Funny how those go to people who toe the line.  There are around 100 members of the 200 member legislature who qualify for extra leadership pay.

http://cltg.org/cltg/clt2005/05-02-10.htm

Much fodder can be found at cltg.org.  Maybe you could invite Barbara Anderson to submit a column . . .

Russell Kanning

Will she like the point of the paper? ..... "move to NH"

JonM

You're quick.  I emailed her a while back about the FSP, but when she hangs it up she plans to move to Nevada.  Family out there.

I dunno, if you put in the cltg.org url she may consider the possibility that some people will donate to them as incentive enough to put in a column.  I used to give them money but haven't of late.  Nobody is more qualified to write about legislative excesses in MA than CLTG I'd guess.

Dreepa

JonM

Hey maybe a plug for the MA-RI FSP local group . . .

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on May 17, 2006, 09:45 AM NHFT
Hey maybe a plug for the MA-RI FSP local group . . .

Do you guys meet?