• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on April 08, 2007, 07:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: powerchuter on April 08, 2007, 07:23 AM NHFT

Here's my personal opinion.
Keith, Carl, Dan, and Carol are our Brothers and Sisters in Liberty.  Therefore, I will stand through the whole meeting if there are not enough seats.  I will purchase food and beverages from them to support their establishment.  I am reasonably sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
2nd
3rd, if it's not too expensive.

Kat Kanning

It seems like Shuvom is going to have it at Keith's, he just didn't think it was going to be ready next month.

d_goddard

Keith, Carl, Dan, and Carol are our Brothers and Sisters in Liberty.  Therefore, I will stand through the whole meeting if there are not enough seats.  I will purchase food and beverages from them to support their establishment.  I am reasonably sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
2nd
Count me in, too -- not because they're my brothers and sisters in liberty (though that they most definitely are), but because, having worked extensively with every one of them in NHLA and related activities, I know personally that they take pride in doing a good job, that making a good business with high quality service and product is important to them as people.

Carol and Dan brought wine and cheese to the Ron Paul even last weekend, and had an impromptu tasting (complete with voting on the wines) to determine which wines will be stocked at Murphy's taproom. How cool is that?

So yeah, Murphy's Taproom cannot open soon enough for me.

powerchuter

Here's my personal opinion.
2nd

We have a 2nd...
All in favor?
All opposed?

Either way I'll be at Murphy's the first Saturday of next month...even if I'm by myself in the parking lot...perhaps sweeping the lot or washing the windows...

d_goddard

Quote from: powerchuter on April 08, 2007, 08:54 AM NHFT
Either way I'll be at Murphy's the first Saturday of next month
Hell, I'll be there the very day they open!

Quote from: powerchuter on April 08, 2007, 08:54 AM NHFT
...even if I'm by myself in the parking lot...perhaps sweeping the lot or washing the windows...
Cool. I'll be inside making toasts to you for all the good work ;)

ny2nh

You guys are missing the point......Murphy's may be open for business by the time of the next meeting....and I agree 100% that I want to support this place as much as the rest of you - and because I live in Manchester, I probably will go for lunch or dinner more often than a lot of us.

We cannot presume that it is OK to plan to have a meeting in the middle of their newly opened restaurant - when the room that would be appropriate for a meeting will not be ready. That would mean using their dining and bar area - without their OK. They need more than the porcs eating at their place to be successful - and it might not be the best to plan to turn away patrons on a Saturday afternoon so that we can occupy their establishment for a meeting. It's not about having enough seats for US - it's about having enough seats for other patrons who may not want to spend their money there and not be in the middle of a porc meeting. They will be open for regular business and we cannot presume that it is OK - when it could actually hinder their business that day.

I hope that when we do start meeting there - everyone spends their money generously and tips they staff well. A new restaurant is always a challenge - we need to be sure that our support is more than just moral support. :)

powerchuter

Quote from: ny2nh on April 08, 2007, 09:05 AM NHFT
You guys are missing the point......Murphy's may be open for business by the time of the next meeting....and I agree 100% that I want to support this place as much as the rest of you - and because I live in Manchester, I probably will go for lunch or dinner more often than a lot of us.

We cannot presume that it is OK to plan to have a meeting in the middle of their newly opened restaurant - when the room that would be appropriate for a meeting will not be ready. That would mean using their dining and bar area - without their OK. They need more than the porcs eating at their place to be successful - and it might not be the best to plan to turn away patrons on a Saturday afternoon so that we can occupy their establishment for a meeting. It's not about having enough seats for US - it's about having enough seats for other patrons who may not want to spend their money there and not be in the middle of a porc meeting. They will be open for regular business and we cannot presume that it is OK - when it could actually hinder their business that day.

I hope that when we do start meeting there - everyone spends their money generously and tips they staff well. A new restaurant is always a challenge - we need to be sure that our support is more than just moral support. :)

Doesn't the free market dictate "first come, first served" unless the proprietor specifically refuses us service?(and I don't think Keith would do that, especially when we bring money, and bodies for a "full house" photo opportunity, and the potential to have other people stop by to see what all the fuss is about, especially if we're gathered in the parking lot and outside the front door...it will look like the place is packed...isn't that what you want as a proprietor??)

I'll be there...and it looks like others will as well...
Sure glad I don't have to go back to Newick's again...

ny2nh

When I spoke with Karl this week - he said the room that they would have for gatherings like this will not be available for a couple more months. I take that to mean that they cannot accomodate a meeting for a couple of more months.

I don't beleive Shuvom ever said that the next meeting would be at Murphy's....

Insurgent

He specifically said that Murphy's would not be ready for the next meeting, and that it would be at the same place.

Lloyd Danforth

He specifically said it would be at Newicks. 
I understand they are planning a meeting room at Murphy's. I have not seen the place, except in photos and I have no idea how large it is or how much parking.
Presumably, a room would take up a lot of square footage and would have to pay for itself.  I don't think it is the kind of business that will keep the staff and equipment to serve 50-70 people around all the time.  The tables and chairs alone would be one Hell of an expense.
I'm guessing their are temp and leasing services that cover this.

I propose when the room can e occupied, we rent it from them and bring folding chairs and do a 'tailgate' in the parking lot.

cathleeninnh

Parking is going to be a problem. Only about 14 or so.

Cathleen

Quantrill

I see cars parked all up and down Elm and the surrounding streets during Monarchs' games.  I assume people are capable of walking a block or so in the name of liberty?
;)

cathleeninnh

Quote from: Quantrill on April 08, 2007, 04:29 PM NHFT
I see cars parked all up and down Elm and the surrounding streets during Monarchs' games.  I assume people are capable of walking a block or so in the name of liberty?
;)

I don't think people will have too much trouble getting there, but there probably won't be any tailgating parties.

Cathleen

ny2nh

Ruger Mason

If anyone is curious, here is a photo history Murphy's Taproom renovations.  Murphy's is expected to open in less than two weeks from now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kbeisel2