• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 09:58 PM NHFT
Russell my son said that the guy in the suit talked too much.
Our kids are determined to live free. :)

error

Dreepa

George Phillies spoke... .and yes Russell was right he did not speak for a long time.

Yes the Ron Paul event was mentioned several times and handouts were passed around.

error

The question, though, is did he say anything worth hearing? Or is he going to be the next in a very long line of LP paper candidates?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on February 04, 2007, 09:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 02, 2007, 05:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on February 02, 2007, 07:59 AM NHFT
Deerfield has a town meeting at 9 am. I'll only be showing up to MVP if the town meeting is over by then.

%?
Deliberative session Lloyd.

We neet an emoticon where a guy is waving his hand over the top of his head going: "Waaaaaaaa!!!!!!

JonM

Quote from: error on February 05, 2007, 08:09 AM NHFT
The question, though, is did he say anything worth hearing? Or is he going to be the next in a very long line of LP paper candidates?

He said his goal is to build up a volunteer organization that would leave the LP stronger in 2009 that it is now in 2007.

JonM

I ate at T-bones in Salem yesterday.  Thought the french onion soup could have used a few more onions and was a bit watery, but the flavor was good.  The ruben sandwich was also good.

Ruger Mason

I hope the MVP folks will keep their options open starting in April.  Rumor has it that there will be a new restaurant in Manchester opening around then.  Good food, good beer, plenty of room, non-smoking and open carry allowed.

JonM

The agreement to move is for the next two meetings, after which the group will re-evaluate.  It was split nearly evenly between going back to Millys and trying T-Bones.  Since it was about doing something different, T-Bones won.  Unless the experience is horrible in March, it will likely remain T-Bones in April, at which time we'll decide where to go from there.

CNHT

Quote from: Jon Maltz on February 05, 2007, 09:42 AM NHFT
The agreement to move is for the next two meetings, after which the group will re-evaluate.  It was split nearly evenly between going back to Millys and trying T-Bones.  Since it was about doing something different, T-Bones won.  Unless the experience is horrible in March, it will likely remain T-Bones in April, at which time we'll decide where to go from there.

The food at T-Bones is not that great, but I suppose it's convenient for the time being.

So it's T-bones for two months?

Well you know the LPNH was upset about being notified about the Ron Paul event and even posted a disclaimer about it.

So if they are going to go with an unknown like Phillies, so be it.

But most of their members liked the idea of meeting Ron Paul and at the very least were not offended by having been notified of the event. D'uh.

JonM

What does the LPNH have to do with Republican Ron Paul?

Someone asked George if he would drop out because Ron is running, first question actually.  He said he is running for the Libertarian Party ticket, and what good is a party that doesn't run someone for President to help build the volunteer force.  Now in the extreme outside chance Ron actually won the Republican nomination, well that's a different question.  George acknowledged such an event would likely pull donations and volunteers from him.  Either way that's a bridge we have yet to cross.  George is busy campaigning for the Libertarian Party nomination.  He mentioned an upcoming debate that would include the "serious" candidates for the LP.  I of course, don't recall when he said that was.

CNHT

Quote from: Jon Maltz on February 05, 2007, 12:13 PM NHFT

Ron is a prominent libertarian. But notice he had to run as something else to get where he is?

To my way of thinking, getting liberty oriented people elected should be the goal here.

cathleeninnh

Quote from: CNHT on February 05, 2007, 11:32 AM NHFT

Well you know the LPNH was upset about being notified about the Ron Paul event and even posted a disclaimer about it.

So if they are going to go with an unknown like Phillies, so be it.

But most of their members liked the idea of meeting Ron Paul and at the very least were not offended by having been notified of the event. D'uh.

Correction: A member of the purist faction of the LPNH board was upset about being notified....

Cathleen

CNHT

Quote from: cathleeninnh on February 05, 2007, 12:58 PM NHFT

Correction: A member of the purist faction of the LPNH board was upset about being notified....

Cathleen

I had a feeling it was just one person but since I was told that 'the phone was ringing off the hook with complaints' I was led to believe otherwise. I did not get specific names and even had many write to tell me that it was just fine by them that they were told of this event...because they would love to attend.

Thanks Cath!

Dreepa

Quote from: Jon Maltz on February 05, 2007, 12:13 PM NHFT

Someone asked George if he would drop out because Ron is running, first question actually.  He said he is running for the Libertarian Party ticket, and what good is a party that doesn't run someone for President to help build the volunteer force.  Now in the extreme outside chance Ron actually won the Republican nomination, well that's a different question.  George acknowledged such an event would likely pull donations and volunteers from him.  Either way that's a bridge we have yet to cross.  George is busy campaigning for the Libertarian Party nomination.  He mentioned an upcoming debate that would include the "serious" candidates for the LP.  I of course, don't recall when he said that was.
I agree... LPers if they so choose can help Ron Paul get the GOP nod... if Ron Paul wins the nomination then the conversation can take place.

I think the debate is in March or April..... it is not on his own calendar. (*yet)