• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

They said at the meeting that it will be non-smoking. Sorry

Rosie the Riveter

Atlas

Quote from: toowm on March 07, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT
That's weak. How can a bar be non-smoking ::)

Russell Kanning

I prefer bars that are non-smoking. It isn't a smoking bar ... it is a drinking bar.

JonM

Quote from: Rebel on March 08, 2007, 11:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: toowm on March 07, 2007, 03:03 PM NHFT
That's weak. How can a bar be non-smoking ::)
A business owner listening to the desires of his customers?

Lloyd Danforth

There is a niche for everything.  Not always profitable, though

Ruger Mason

There are several reasons it will be nonsmoking, for reasons business and reasons practical.

The business reasons are that many potential customers have expressed a desire to have a non-smoking place in that area.  The few bars that are in that area are smoking bars.  Also, a non-smoking place will likely have broader appeal to the crowds coming from the arena; right now many non-smokers head north on Elm St. to look for a non-smoking place.

The other reason is, of course, that the state and its supporters have made credible threats to commit violent acts against the proprietors of any restaurant permitting its customers to smoke on their private property.  In a few months, armed thugs in the employ of the state will arrive at all such restaurants to enforce said threats.  Any restaurant owner wishing to retain whats left of their businesses and their lives will comply or or have their property stolen, or their persons kidnapped or murdered by the state, should they elect to exercise their right to self defense.

Russell Kanning

I like the idea ... why not have a bar that is different.

what next? .... bars with out barbrawls .... bars without filthy restrooms .... what is this world coming to?

I would love to have a place to meet people at in Manchester. :) Having it smoke free and clean will only be a plus for me.

Will you guys have sports showing somewhere in the building?

Dreepa

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on March 09, 2007, 11:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 09, 2007, 11:19 AM NHFT
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?
I think the Pope takes his hat very seriously.

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 09, 2007, 11:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on March 09, 2007, 11:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 09, 2007, 11:19 AM NHFT
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?
I think the Pope takes his hat very seriously.

I think those really tall hats cause alot of the health problems
that Popes suffer from. Pressure on the head and when they are outside the wind probably causes a big pressure load on the neck.

Russell Kanning

didn't the last one make it a long time?

We are so off topic now .... our only hope is that the pope once visited the Merrimack valley in his popemobile. :)

Dave Ridley

I hope to see keith's bar become something approaching a 24-7 hangout for porcupines.

Dave Ridley

i will probably go there every other time i'm in manchester just to see if anyone else is there.

error

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 10, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
I hope to see keith's bar become something approaching a 24-7 hangout for porcupines.

Where is this?