• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochelle

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 07, 2007, 04:52 PM NHFT
Good meeting.  70 people maybe.  More than last month.

Really good meeting, but I didn't care for the food. I think I just ordered the wrong thing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: toowm on April 08, 2007, 12:07 AM NHFT
We didn't get served at all.
That place is funny. Why do they want to serve us all at once? We keep coming and going. Why don't they just treat us like we all came separately and just be happy there are so many customers?

Russell Kanning

That is part of the reason we picked an order-at-the-counter pizza place for our meetings and the Concord guys eat at a Buffet.

Maybe when we start going to Murphy's taproom we can just go to a counter and order some food.

Dreepa

powerchuter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 08, 2007, 05:51 AM NHFT
That place is funny. Why do they want to serve us all at once? We keep coming and going. Why don't they just treat us like we all came separately and just be happy there are so many customers?

My personal opinion is that they didn't even try to give us good service this month.  They didn't have the room set up for enough people(the set up was even less than what they did for our last meeting there).  I don't think we should go back there again unless someone has a talk with the manager.  Murphy's will be open by our next meeting and I think we should just all go there.  They will have enough room for us even without a separate meeting room.

ny2nh

As far as why it is hard for them to take people's orders all thoughout the meeting....just aa if you were eating in the regular restaurant.....

When going to a restaurant, the entire party is seated at one time and the order-taker comes and takes the order - generally all at once. Once the party gets larger - it becomes more work for the wait staff - because instead of taking one order and delivering that one order of food, they are more likely to have to go back and forth to the kitchen more to accomodate the diners' wants. This is why most places have a minimum gratuity of parties of 8 or more - because otherwise the wait staff ends up doing far more work and getting far less pay.

Now, think about the meeting.....70 people, arriving at different times, and as much as they wanted everyone to order at the same time, I don't know if that happened that way. I wouldn't have been surprised that someone didn't get waited on - especially if they weren't there at 12:30 and seated when the wait staff was taking orders.

I think for what the needs are for the meeting, Newick's is doing a good job. I hope everyone who eats and/or drinks tips the staff well.

A buffet as the only option really does make things much easier....you either eat or you don't.

As far as Murphy's - I can't imagine that they're going to have a counter where you can walk up and order. We can't preume that there will be enough room for a group this size without a seprate room. It would totally disrupt their entire restaurant/bar from the way it's been described to me. I don't think you can plan on Murphy's until at least June.

Lloyd Danforth

The buffet thing in Concord makes the most sense to me.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ny2nh on April 08, 2007, 07:00 AM NHFT
As far as Murphy's - I can't imagine that they're going to have a counter where you can walk up and order. We can't preume that there will be enough room for a group this size without a seprate room.
You are probably right.
But Rob has been working on the place, so he knows it is big enough. :)

powerchuter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 08, 2007, 07:12 AM NHFT
As far as Murphy's - I can't imagine that they're going to have a counter where you can walk up and order. We can't preume that there will be enough room for a group this size without a seprate room.
You are probably right.

Here's my personal opinion.
Keith, Carl, Dan, and Carol are our Brothers and Sisters in Liberty.  Therefore, I will stand through the whole meeting if there are not enough seats.  I will purchase food and beverages from them to support their establishment.  I am reasonably sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

powerchuter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 08, 2007, 07:12 AM NHFT
You are probably right.

As far as Tammy's - I can't imagine that they're going to have the ability to produce the items we need.  We can't presume that they will have the capacity to produce quantities of this size without having an expansion of their current operations.

Perhaps some will get this post!?!

Dreepa

Quote from: powerchuter on April 08, 2007, 07:23 AM NHFT

Here's my personal opinion.
Keith, Carl, Dan, and Carol are our Brothers and Sisters in Liberty.  Therefore, I will stand through the whole meeting if there are not enough seats.  I will purchase food and beverages from them to support their establishment.  I am reasonably sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
2nd