• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

the picnic should be cool ..... porcupines in their native habitat.

Dave Ridley

MaineShark

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 26, 2007, 03:04 PM NHFTdo we have a location/date/time set up yet for june?

Copied from the MerrimackValleyPorcupines Yahoo group:

[I removed the email address and cell number that were in the message, and formatted the map link]
QuoteIMPORTANT June and July Meeting locations!
Posted by: shuvom2
Date: Tue May 22, 2007 6:38 pm ((PDT))

Hey guys,

For our June "picnic" meeting, I've scouted out "Livingston Park" in Manchester as our best bet. Why?

1. It's free. (Bear Brook costs each adult $3 to get in, and $280 to rent the large covered shelter. Which was already rented that day.)

2. It's in a central location, just a little north of downtown. It's on Rte 3/28 across from the Kia dealership. Google map here

3. Parking is decent. If there's a soccer game that morning, it might be a little crowded, but still do-able for our crowd. Extra parking is found all around the park, around the tennis courts and soccer fields.

4. Plenty of playground for the kids, a nice walking trail around a large lake for the adults. I'll upload pictures later of a wooded glen or athletic bleachers it has that we can meet on.

5. If it rains, there is a "Papa Gino's" restaurant just one more light up the road which opens at 10:30 that will be our back-up location.

Therefore, these are the details for the June meeting on the 2nd:

-Bring folding chairs or blankets. There are not enough tables for everyone if we meet in the glen.

-Bring food and drink for yourselves, others if you wish. There is none at the park. There is a Dunkin Donuts 1 min down the road. I'll bring some chilled bottled water for about 6 people.

-Bring outdoor fun gear (footballs, frisbees, I'll bring a volleyball).

-As discussed at the May meeting, to have more Saturday free after the meeting, the June meeting time will be 10 AM. Repeat: 10 AM. This will also get us ready for the earlier July+ meetings (see below).

-If it's raining, go one more stoplight to the north and turn into the shopping center to the right, and we'll meet at the Papa Gino's pizza place. They open at 10:30. If you have any question whether it is raining (hard enough) or not, call my cell.

For July and beyond, I've worked it out with Keith how to meet at the Tap Room while respecting his customers. They don't usually open until 11:30, but Keith said he would bring the staff in early once a month so we can meet in the front room at 10 AM. We should usually be done by 12, and shouldn't run aground of the lunch crowd. It might be good to be breaking up right when natives are walking in, so they can see political fun in action.

Murphy's Tap Room is at 494 Elm St.

Parking is possible down Elm street to the south. You don't have to feed the meters on Sat.

So we'll meet there from July onwards!

Thank you to the whole group for your flexibility, patience and willingness to try new things! I'm looking forward to a fun outdoor meeting, throwing the volleyball around!

Shuvom

powerchuter

Shuvom,
Thank you for your efforts with the MVP meeting!
Much appreciated!
Rob

dalebert

My roommate says it's at 11am now. Can someone confirm or deny?

Kat Kanning

Confirmed.

QuoteGuys,

Just a reminder, the August meeting is coming up not this Saturday,
but next Saturday the 4th, at Murphy's Taproom.

Talking to Keith at Billy's party, he said it would be okay if we
started the meeting at 11, because his Saturday morning crowd is
extremely slow. It would mean his cooks and waitresses could come
in a little later.

This would also be a comprimise between the MVP folks who want the
meeting at 10 and those who want it at 12.

So, FOR THE LAST TIME THIS YEAR, we are changing the meeting time,
to 11 am on Saturday morning. Hopefully, the rest of the year will
not be as tumultous as the first part, and this meeting time will
please most folks.

Thank you, and remember to e-mail me with anything you'd like on the
agenda.

Shuvom

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on August 02, 2007, 07:52 AM NHFT
My roommate says it's at 11am now. Can someone confirm or deny?

yes 11am ... government time .... for those who still bow the knee to caesar ;D

We will be there. We can see all of you on Saturday with new Keene Free Press papers.

Lloyd Danforth

If R&K bring them, NH Atlases will be available for sale.  $15.00 with $5.00 (maybe) going to the Liberty Scholarship Fund.

Bald Eagle

Ah well, I'll probably be missing this month's meeting since I won't be getting to NH until that night.  But y'all can tell me how it went, and I'll wait all month with bated breath for the next one.

See you Sunday!   :D

Dave Ridley

toowm

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 04, 2007, 09:11 AM NHFT
it's still at 11am this week?
QuoteHey all,

Another MVP meeting is coming up THIS Saturday, the 6th, at Murphy's
Taproom, 11 am!

It might bee too late, but anyone going to Taproom Tuesdays- let any
new folks know! Let's grow the size of the meeting even more!

On the agenda this meeting:

-Shuvom reports on much NHLA stuff
-Dreepa is leading a Ron Paul lit drop right after the meeting
-We might have a recruiter for the NH "Constition militia" (to go
around peacefully teaching people about the NH Constitution) if I
contact him in time
-Manpower event where, if 10 people donate 15 minutes of handwriting
work right after the meeting, Irena can do a mailing that will ROCK
Concord
-Book Swap!

J’raxis 270145

The jail where Lauren Canario is being held is next to Murphy's, about a two-minute walk up Valley Street. Perhaps a protest in front of the jail after—or during—the MVP meeting is in order. Let's get 40–50 porcs out there at once and show them how much support she has!

d_goddard