• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

room fees? what ever happened to spending big bucks on 40 meals?
...I like the setup that DaveM has on the Seacoast...those folks (little Mincin lingo there) are happy to see a big bunch of paying customers each month. :D
....our pizza place in Keene doesn't even notice that we are there...just more customers 8)

Scott Roth

Some places gotta make their money in different ways.  Milly's did a great job today.  Hopefully next month, we can pack out the front of the restaurant.

intergraph19

Joel, Amy Karl and I were at Jillian's yesterday and checked out the room they have for renting and it's not really as big as what Milly's is now offering.  The good points to the room are closing doors and a projector you can probably hook up to a laptop and use for presentations, but for 100 that's still not worth it IMHO.  I like the idea of sticking to Milly's right now.  At least we know what the options are when and if Milly's can no longer meet our needs.

Russell Kanning

intergraph19

I wasn't QUITE as packed as last month, but it was still a pretty good crowd.  I would say 35-40 people were there.  One issue was brought up by a guy dealing with Child Custody rights.  He was very informative and we were all very understanding and sympathetic to his plight.  NHcustody.org is the site about it.  They are really fighting to get HB529 through, which would make the courts give a REASON for why they chose one parent over another and it gives fathers more rights with thier kids.  I'm in full support of keeping fathers in the lives of Kids, so it's something I'm going to be keeping an eye on.

We went over town meetings people attended and the two bills brought up that I had a personal interest in were the afor mentioned HB529 and SB579.

We will stay at Milly's next month and use the front room, sevice this meeting was better than last and they are free, we all know where it is and so on, so we'll give that a try. 

We also had a pair visiting from the UK and they asked a lot of tax questions.  From what I gathered, the FSP doesn't have a state a state Tax and Fee worksheet for potential movers.  They really should, to prepare people for what they can expect coming here.  You know, what taxes NH does levy, the current property taxes for the major metro area's such as Nashua, Manchester and Concord, things like that.  Car registration fees, inspection fees, how long you have to do both, a basic, this is what you need to do when you get here guide.  Especially for out of country people, not that we get many, but it would be handy to have one for those who want one.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: intergraph19 on March 29, 2005, 04:55 AM NHFT
we all know where it is

I don't  :)

a basic, this is what you need to do when you get here guide

I would love to see this, especially if it can be created in the next month  ;D

Ron Helwig

Quote from: rhelwig on March 29, 2005, 07:15 AM NHFT
a basic, this is what you need to do when you get here guide
I would love to see this, especially if it can be created in the next month  ;D

OK, I made a wiki page for this. Please add info as you see fit. I added some questions I have.

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=New%20Mover%20Info

Lloyd Danforth

Rhelwig,
I read your wiki page and some of your previous posts.  Just what is your objection for problem with being responsible for your dog's shit in the public area?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 29, 2005, 07:50 AM NHFT
Rhelwig,
I read your wiki page and some of your previous posts.  Just what is your objection for problem with being responsible for your dog's shit in the public area?

Well, I generally think of a dog's shit the same as I think about breath exhalation - they're natural processes that can't be stopped and don't do any harm. Picking them up is not only gross, but removes the helpful fertilizer the dog so thoughtfully placed.

Besides, it discriminates against dogs with owners - non-"owned" dogs don't have to clean up after themselves  :D

If people really cared, they'd make peeing the offense, not poop. Dog pee can cause discoloration - poop just makes the ground better suited for foliage.

Finally, there should be no public areas, but then you already knew that  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: rhelwig on March 29, 2005, 06:07 PM NHFT
Finally, there should be no public areas, but then you already knew that? ;)

I agree with you on this.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Dave Ridley

So....meeting is at millie's tavern in Manchester, april 30 noon?

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth