• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

cathleeninnh

toowm

http://www.cellreception.com suggests T-mobile has bad coverage in Manchester.

I actually think we are going to have a good turnout on Saturday.

So there, Sandy, you can cancel our meeting, but you can't take away our  :brave:! ;)

d_goddard

Quote from: Bruehound on August 30, 2006, 09:44 AM NHFT
Me & Dana are touching down in Manch around 10am and we were still planning on stopping by Bickfords around 1pm. Would like to meet you all.

And a friendly warning to Russell, I'm one of those liberty politician guys so I'd be happy to speechify if you decide you really really miss it !
:)

scott

P.S. Does t-mobile get reception in NH?

Hey Scott... we'll probably be there too.
Have you joined the NHLA yet?

T-mobile gets some reception in the cities, but it's poor. Even here in Concord, I get at most 2-3 bars :(

CStrong

As I am going to be visiting NH when this is kinda gonna be, I will be attending this, or at least go to there at 13:00.

Friday

Quote from: toowm on August 30, 2006, 11:58 AM NHFT
http://www.cellreception.com suggests T-mobile has bad coverage in Manchester.

I actually think we are going to have a good turnout on Saturday.

So there, Sandy, you can cancel our meeting, but you can't take away our  :brave:! ;)

Interesting. I wonder if Dave Mincin gets this when he cancels Seacoast meetings? Or if Seth got this for cancelling the Concord meeting?  Or if, when people gather in Keene without Kat and Russell present, it's still called a Monadnock Porcupines meeting?  This is the only meeting I've cancelled all year.  Frankly, I'm amazed at the amount of negative feedback I've received. I've been getting phone calls, emails, and now this forum thread. So very, very sorry that the fact that *I* have to work over a 3-day holiday weekend, and the only person who expressed an interest in being on the agenda has been in the #$%% HOSPITAL, cramps so many other people's style.   :P

FYI, I am stepping down at the end of the year.  Want to lead the group, toowm?

And Dada, as I have already told you repeatedly, the ONLY reason meetings were rescheduled to 1:00 is because the room isn't available until then. It's just super to get this complaint over and over from the very guy who got us in trouble at Milly's and caused us to relocate in the first place.  ::)

Sometimes I get so sick of this #$%.  :(

Going to bed now.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm really surprised that you're getting the negative calls and emails.  The stuff on this forum appears light hearted enough.

Pat K

People are calling and e-mailing to complain?

Gee I guess they are lost with out you Sandy.

toowm

Sorry -- I wasn't trying to lay into you -- I closed with the wink (;)) to try to show I was teasing. I know that herding cats is a thankless job. We really appreciate everything you've done for the MVP and the broader movement.

I stay on the Chicago porc list for just such an occasion as Scott and Dana visiting, so I suggested the MVP meeting. Also, in another thread, I offered to bring my 4th amendment tape for the backpack protest.  I think the central location and larger number of people relative to Keene, Seacoast, and Concord means that we probably should keep the first Saturday slot going, even when we might not have a formal meeting.

I am not interested at all in leading the group next year. Each of you does alot for liberty and sometimes it feels like I'm a slacker, because my family and job take so much of my time. But I hope the things I am doing will make a difference.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on August 30, 2006, 09:06 PM NHFT
Interesting. I wonder if Dave Mincin gets this when he cancels Seacoast meetings? Or if Seth got this for cancelling the Concord meeting?  Or if, when people gather in Keene without Kat and Russell present, it's still called a Monadnock Porcupines meeting?
Dave - no
I don't go to those meetings anyways.
Seth - yes
I was thinking of holding the meeting without him.
Kat - yes
The meetings go on without us.

I guess what I am saying is that since 50-70 people show up each month, we should not cancel the meetings. Kat and I might not be able to come this saturday, but others will turn up. :)
I also consider a lack of speakers to be a positive sign for most meetings.

As for the liberty zombie ... I don't know.

cathleeninnh

Gee, I didn't see these postings as negative. I think it is neat that it happens anyway. Maybe we don't need a leader next year. Does anyone have one of those speaking staffs we can just pass around?

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

Especially since we have visiting porcs inbound for this meeting, we would be remiss as the welcome wagon if we didn't hold this meeting at it's regular time. We will miss Sandy and maybe some others, but we can welcome the visitors to our fair state.
We can observe a moment of silence for those that are working on Saturday and cannot make it. Which will be immediately followed by us stuffing our faces.
If your name is Dada or if you like breakfast buffets, please come early to enjoy the buffet and the company of the the early bird porcs. :)
If I cannot make it, Cathleen I pass the welcome wagon torch/speaking staff to you.

Dave Ridley

wow a breakfast gig?  I had been planning on coming up around 1130 but maybe i should go earlier.

will just get there as soon as practical 

Russell Kanning

toowm

We had a good turnout -- around 35 folks including 5 visiting porcs.