• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

Tomato throwing isn't my style, but getting up and walking out is. You won't get the time of day from me, much less a vote or a donation if you support Real-ID.

Cathleen

d_goddard

Quote from: cathleeninnh on September 26, 2006, 12:42 PM NHFT
You won't get the time of day from me, much less a vote or a donation if you support Real-ID.
That single sentence would be an excellent LTE.
http://www.nhliberty.org/how_to_help_candidates -- has links to post online LTEs to Nashua Telegraph, Union Leader, and Concord Monitor

JonM

Perhaps we can try to turn him against REAL-ID before attempting to turn him against us.

Russell Kanning

Rocketman

Martel might get reelected.  If he does, we will need him to vote against Real ID.  I will be polite to the guy, but I'll tell him in no uncertain terms that his vote on Real ID was awful, and that it cost him any chance at getting my support.

If he comes, I urge people not to throw things.  I like it when politicians come to our meetings and try to kiss our asses, and I want them to keep coming.  It's good entertainment value if nothing else, and it's also, definitely, a sign of progress for the movement.

Russell Kanning

So if he gets reelected .... that determines some of our behavior? That does not make sense to me.

Watching polititians being polititians is not fun for me.

"V" is for Vamooooos.

Lloyd Danforth

If the guy was invited to the meeting, or, asked to address it and was accepted, the worse thing you should do to him is assault hm with questions that he either can't answer or, looks like a fool (in that crowd) because of the answers he gives.

Russell Kanning

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 26, 2006, 05:38 PM NHFT
Why invite him?

Because maybe we have some tomatoes that didn't get picked in time and are rotting?  ;D

Actually, I'm in the camp that says we should listen somewhat respectfully, but question strongly. We should try to pursuade those who are taking the anti-freedom position.

I think we want the politicians to think they need to come to us.

Russell Kanning

We could invite the Supreme Court guys and ask about Kelo.
We could ask Bush why he likes taking over other countries.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 26, 2006, 05:45 PM NHFT
We could invite the Supreme Court guys and ask about Kelo.
We could ask Bush why he likes taking over other countries.

Frankly, I would love for those guys to get asked questions by people who aren't afraid to lose their jobs if the questionee doesn't like the question.

error

You can get a day pass to a White House press briefing by calling up the press office and asking for one. They do ask for your name, date of birth and Social Security number. And they'll probably turn you down, especially if you don't give them a Social Security number. But if a trip to D.C. is in your near future, it might be worth looking into.

Personally I'm not going anywhere near that cesspool if I can possibly avoid it.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

The MVP meeting is as much my meeting as it is any other porcupine. It would be rotten if the polititians took over and ruined those meetings.

Lloyd Danforth

No, its their meeting and they are mostly, political types.