• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcs Every FIRST Saturday of the month

Started by Kat Kanning, February 06, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We took a vote once and the majority wanted secession .... so I think they are my kind of people. :)
Maybe we should have picnics so we can use tomatoes. I wouldn't want to ruin Bickfords carpet.

toowm

I'm all y'alls people. ;) Just finishing Murray Rothbard's For a New Liberty. In the last chapter, he defines the standard for what he calls libertarians:

• Always working toward the goal of a totally volutary society
  • Rejecting intermediate steps that work counter to the end
  • Accepting steps that move in the right direction, even if they are slow

He quotes an early 19th century abolitionist who stressed that the goal will always be freedom from slavery, but that, tragically, they would have to settle for incremental steps.

I think a voluntary solution here is allowing anybody who wants to speak to us the opportunity to speak, but an informal gathering spot outside (at least when the weather is nice) for anybody who doesn't want to hear it, or wants to make a statement about the particular speaker.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

How about we make the polititians stay outside and talk through the glass. :)

I like Murray.

maxxoccupancy

Quote from: Jon Maltz on September 26, 2006, 12:57 PM NHFT
Perhaps we can try to turn him against REAL-ID before attempting to turn him against us.

Andy Martel has an almost spotless proliberty voting record - helmet laws, taxes, property rights, self defense, homeschooling, etc...  He has also agreed to sponsor a bill keeping NH out of National ID cards, and publicly opposes Real ID.  He initially supported 1582, but was convinced to table the bill for whatever reason.

Truth be told, Libertarians have been elected to state legislatures who don't offer as good a voting record.  His opponent, Devries, is one of those crazy liberals who has voted to raise taxes about 15 times as state rep and Alderman.  In fact, she is one of the Infamous Eight on the Manchester Board of Alderman, and could do real damage becoming an entrenched statist from a district that had been putting in statist Dems for over 40 years.

This will be a close fight, and we will regret not helping Andy, not just next year, but over many, many years of living under the heel of Devries and her successors.

--Max

d_goddard

Quote from: toowm on September 27, 2006, 08:30 AM NHFT
Just finishing Murray Rothbard's For a New Liberty
He quotes an early 19th century abolitionist who stressed that the goal will always be freedom from slavery, but that, tragically, they would have to settle for incremental steps.
I just re-read this thread and that point really struck me!
Everyone who rejects "anything less than complete freedom NOW!" should think about the above statement very, very carefully.

d_goddard

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on September 29, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT
Andy Martel ... publicly opposes Real ID
That's fantastic news!
Now show me a URL where I can see that he is saying that, not you speaking for him.

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on September 29, 2006, 02:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: maxxoccupancy on September 29, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT
Andy Martel ... publicly opposes Real ID
That's fantastic news!
Now show me a URL where I can see that he is saying that, not you speaking for him.
maybe he will join the forum?
If he comes to MVP... we can ask him in front of all the people... and get him on video tape.

Russell Kanning

He will be happy to say that he is against National ID ..... then he will vote for it again.
Charlie Bass says he hates National ID .... and he sponsored the Real ID bill. He says it is not a NatID.

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 27, 2006, 06:43 AM NHFT
The MVP meeting is as much my meeting as it is any other porcupine. It would be rotten if the polititians took over and ruined those meetings.

::)

Merrimack Valley Porcupines: founded by Cal Pratt, holder of multiple elected positions, recent research director of the NHLA
Last year's MVP organizer: Joel Winters, aspiring politician, founder of NH CASPIAN
Current organizer: Sandy P., who has been inviting politicians to meetings all year long, and now has every intention of absolutely PACKING every single meeting through the rest of the year with politicians, just to annoy Russell.

I would like to announce that Russell has inspired me to run for governor of New Hampshire in 20XX (not sure of the date yet).  I welcome your vote.  ;D

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 27, 2006, 08:01 AM NHFT
We took a vote once and the majority wanted secession .... so I think they are my kind of people. :)

Correction: a majority of those who voted wanted secession... those who voted were a minority of those in attendance.
Maybe we should have picnics so we can use tomatoes. I wouldn't want to ruin Bickfords carpet.

No matter what your feelings are about Senator Martel, I would appreciate it if you would respect the Bickford's business by not hurling produce inside their establishment.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on September 30, 2006, 10:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 27, 2006, 06:43 AM NHFT
The MVP meeting is as much my meeting as it is any other porcupine. It would be rotten if the polititians took over and ruined those meetings.

::)

Merrimack Valley Porcupines: founded by Cal Pratt, holder of multiple elected positions, recent research director of the NHLA
Last year's MVP organizer: Joel Winters, aspiring politician, founder of NH CASPIAN
Current organizer: Sandy P., who has been inviting politicians to meetings all year long, and now has every intention of absolutely PACKING every single meeting through the rest of the year with politicians, just to annoy Russell.

:D

Pat K

"I would like to announce that Russell has inspired me to run for governor of New Hampshire in 20XX (not sure of the date yet).  I welcome your vote.  Grin"

Sandy for govener!! Her motto= Don't make me stop this state and come back there.......

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning