• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Boycott "Margaritas Management Group" Restaurants?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 07, 2006, 12:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on April 17, 2006, 06:59 AM NHFT
Anyone want to write a short explaination of the boycott for the Keene Free Press?  (today :) )

One should have real evidence that Shawn Joyce pushed for the anti-smoking bill.

Kat Kanning

Yes, I checked into it.  He wrote an article for the union leader.  google his name and margaritas smoking.

Incrementalist

Quote from: russellkanning on April 17, 2006, 03:24 AM NHFT
In our town almost every restaurant is looking for workers.

Quote from: Incrementalist on April 16, 2006, 06:57 PM NHFT
Correct, some brave restaurant owner in Keene needs to step up and file suit in court so the city ordinance can be overturned.
...or just ignore the "law". I am sure there are many laws covering my business, but I don't bother with them.
The American Colonists didn't win by filing suit in British courts ..... neither did the Kelo 7 .... nor will we.
So ignore the law, and somebody will file suit against you for ignoring the ban.  Either way you end up in court with them and you can have the law overturned.  But don't think that you'll win by simply ignoring the law, there isn't enough of a popular support base for that strategy to work.

As for the American Colonists, they fought a gruesome bloody war to free themselves from the British, it wasn't a matter of ignoring laws, it was a matter of violenty lashing out.  If you're ready for that, then work for that, but they didn't just ignore the law and make the world a better place (in fact they are prime examples of people who used the political and legal system to their advantage before finally deciding it was better to go to war than work with the British).

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on April 17, 2006, 06:59 AM NHFT
Anyone want to write a short explaination of the boycott for the Keene Free Press?  (today :) )

I sent something to Russell c/o of the KFP

Kat Kanning

I'm sorry I ever called you a curmudgeon. Thanks, Lloyd!!   :D

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Happy Dude

I don't go to Maragaritas anyways I think it is a dump.

FTL_Ian

Lloyd Danforth

I haven't been there since you brought up the Boycott.  Of course, I've only been there once in 20 years, or, so.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Happy Dude on April 17, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT
I don't go to Maragaritas anyways I think it is a dump.
What must the Margaritas guy think of your place then. :crazy3: :Bolt:

Kat Kanning

Whew, had, to, remove, a, lot, of, commas, from, that, boycott, article!

Lloyd Danforth

Please, send them back, then.

I tend to overpunctuate when I'm under a lot of deadline pressure :P

Tunga

Hermano's Mexican Resturant in Concord has been smoke (and cell phone) free for a bunch of years now. The place is always packed on Friday and Saturday nights.

Let the Smokers have Margaritas. It suits them.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Tunga on April 17, 2006, 07:09 PM NHFT
Hermano's Mexican Resturant in Concord has been smoke (and cell phone) free for a bunch of years now. The place is always packed on Friday and Saturday nights.

Let the Smokers have Margaritas. It suits them.

Yeah, but they have no parking because of the Capitol Commons construction. ;D And they don't like guns.