• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FreeStateID

Started by aries, May 05, 2006, 05:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Quote from: Ron Helwig on May 07, 2006, 01:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Zork on May 07, 2006, 08:30 AM NHFT
I like the idea of using a letter of reference as proof of identity, although I would prefer some other verification than notarization, because notary publics are government authorized

notary privates?  8)

Notary publics don't usually refuse to stamp anything. They usually just sign and stamp it, if you signature whatever it is in front of them. Even becoming a notary is very easy.

I like how with the Canadian one, you can get a "reputable" citizen to vouch for you as well, such as a doctor, lawyer accountant, engineer, etc.

As I mentioned though, fingerprints could be allowed as a substitute, since that means you can't get a card twice. I know a lot of people would be iffy about having fingerprints kept on file, though. Perhaps a fingerprint, and a document signed by a Guarantor, like the Canadian card requires, could be a substitute to an affidavit or birth certificate as well. That way, anyone who has known you and is reputable can make an assertion as to your age.

Pat McCotter

I was just listening to the Senate audio from May 4 and heard that HB1581 was OTP as amended in the Senate. It will now go to conference committee.

AN ACT relative to drivers? licenses issued to persons under the age of 21.

"Licenses issued to persons under the age of 21 shall be designed so that their horizontal and vertical axes are opposite the horizontal and vertical axes of licenses issued to other persons, and said licenses shall prominently display the date on which the licensee shall attain the age of 21 years. Consistent with RSA 263:14, the youth operator license shall expire on the 21st anniversary of the applicant?s date of birth, at which time the applicant shall be issued a tradition license."

aries

I knew that bill was out there. It's just to make it easier to judge whether the person is over or under 21 on first glance. Might not be a great thing, since it's easy to say "okay, got it, you're over 21" without remembering to compare the photograph.

I work at a convenience store, whenever I card for alcohol, I check the little red numbers "under 21 until..." in the photo field. I don't card very often though, even though there's a sign in the store saying "I'd card my own mother." I mean who the hell would do that?!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on May 06, 2006, 03:47 PM NHFT
I would only like a card that states= I am (insert your name here) if this is not good enough for you please turn ID over. On the other side would be a picture of my middle finger saying hi.

;D ;D ;D
You're 1 funny dude, Pat K

Tunga

It's cool for Cats. ;)
Well,
They tell me of a pie up in the sky
waiting for me when I die.
But between the day your born and when you die
they never seem to hear even your cry
so as sure as the Sun will shine.
I'm gonna get my share now of whats mine
and then the harder they come the harder they fall