• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

CALL FOR REPRESENTATIVESTO THE FIRST NORTH AMERICAN SECESSIONIST CONVENTION

Started by Russell Kanning, April 20, 2006, 03:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

The Middlebury Institute herewith issues a call for representatives of active organizations and groups in North America concerned with secession and separatism to attend a convention in Burlington, Vermont, this coming November.
        We are seeking to provide a forum where people with a serious interest in secession from the United States, Canada, and Mexico can present information on what each organization is doing, learn the policies and tactics of other organizations, trade ideas on organizing, strategizing, and politicking, assess the strength of the secession movement, and figure out ways to make it stronger and more successful.

It is understood from the beginning that there are many varied groups with secession as the core of their strategy, and it is unlikely that there will be any full consensus on platforms or goals. But if we can assemble articulate and active representatives from serious, ongoing groups that are working in their various ways to push the idea of secession at a regional, state, or multi-state level, we are convinced that we can advance the cause of secession throughout the continent and pave the way for some genuine successes.

The Middlebury Institute is willing to underwrite the travel costs for some of those representatives, especially from the Western reaches of the continent, who are unable to pay their own way. We are unable to absorb the 2-night hotel room fees, but we will provide a conference room for a Saturday meeting and a banquet on Saturday night.
        Individuals from real, active, serious, and ongoing secessionist and separatist organizations--please, no individual secessionists or the like--are urged to contact the Director@Middleburyinstitute.net if they wish to take part in the first American Secessionist Convention.

Russell Kanning

citizen_142002

Well the location is excellent for the Vermonters and the Quebecois. I actually think that their movements communicate a little.
Is there actually an "official" NH independence organization?

Russell Kanning

What is "official"? :)
The whole point for me is everybody will be free to do what they want, so eventually there will not be a "State" as we know it down the road. So who would make it official? 8)
There is the Republic of New Hampshire group that I support. The Sons of Liberty also support State, Local and Individual secession.

burnthebeautiful

If Vermont secceeded the country of Vermont would be less free than most european countries, so there wouldn't really be much point.

Russell Kanning

I have some hope for Vermont, but you are right some of those guys want to create another Sweden.
But some of them want freedom from government.

tracysaboe

At least if VT secedes it would take power away from the Federal government and ultimatly make it easier for NH to secede.

2ndly, that's why we're in NH not VT.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

tracysaboe

Well, Good.

I don't really care who secedes first. I just want one state to sucessfully do it. Once one does it, it'll be lke a snowball effect.

NH, VT, SC, CA, ID, TX, AK, HI.

But the time everything snowballs out, the US will be the united 15 states of America, and there will be individual soveran states and confederations of groups of states. At least the Empire w/ fall, and this world can get back on the track of peace and prosperity.

Tracy

FrankChodorov

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on April 21, 2006, 01:33 PM NHFT
If Vermont secceeded the country of Vermont would be less free than most european countries, so there wouldn't really be much point.

and your source for this is?

the SVR is a left libertarian movement...

FrankChodorov

Quote from: russellkanning on April 21, 2006, 01:38 PM NHFT
I have some hope for Vermont, but you are right some of those guys want to create another Sweden.
But some of them want freedom from government.

and these types of misinformed comments are exactly the reason why they only want representatives from serious secessionist movements to attend...

citizen_142002

One of the main practical barriers to secession for many states is the fact that they are landlocked. Even if the people of central states wanted independence, the potential economic detriments would likely outweigh the desire for independence.
The likely solution is regional coalitons that will give the central states access to borders and/or seacoast. Free trade agreements would be vital to the preservation of strong economies.
If the United States decentralizes, hopefully it will be done in a way that preserves the freedom of trade, and peace on the continent.

Russell Kanning

I go with the Switzerland model mostly. How far away from the ocean are they?

tracysaboe

Quote from: russellkanning on April 22, 2006, 05:56 AM NHFT

Exactly, I really don't see that it matters. Just because the U.S. refuses to trade w/ South Dakota doesn't mean SD can't trade w/ everybody else in the world. There are these nifty new inventions called Airplains.

Tracy

KBCraig

Quote from: tracysaboe on April 22, 2006, 01:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on April 22, 2006, 05:56 AM NHFT

Exactly, I really don't see that it matters. Just because the U.S. refuses to trade w/ South Dakota doesn't mean SD can't trade w/ everybody else in the world. There are these nifty new inventions called Airplains.

Tracy

And for VT/NH, there's this place called "Canada".