• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shampoo Revolt!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, February 07, 2005, 04:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Just say NO to shampoo licenses!

HB65 and HB239 will be voted on Wednesday.  I've been asked by souces to remain anonymous to organize a demonstration on the state house steps.  The main thrust is to show the rediculousness of professional licensing in general and of shampoo assistants in particular.  What we would be doing is handing out sample shampoo bottles to on the statehouse steps, maybe holding some signs.  The bottles would be labeled something like '$50 fine for unlicensed use".  Anyone interested in helping? 

I need to hear back very soon, so the shampoo can be purchased, political finagling can be put in motion, signs made, labels made, press releases, etc.  Let me know if you're interested in helping!

Kat

Kat Kanning

The other idea was to offer illegal shampoos to people for something like 50 cents.

Russell Kanning

Maybe we can get "Party Boss" Tim Condon to fund this project so he can further influence politics inside NH from far off Florida. ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I like the first idea. $50.00 for unlicenced use. I'll cover $20.00 for shampoo. ?The travel bins at the drug stores should be a good source. I an't get up there for this.
Lloyd

Russell Kanning

We could pass them around the statehouse...maybe ask if they are "licensed" before we can hand them a bottle :D

Kat Kanning

I'll do it.  It wont take a lot of people to pull off.

Russell Kanning

Oh what a fickle thing is politics

Dave Ridley

I'm not sure I can be there but one idea would be to have one of us get a shampoo there!   That will bring more media out and be more visual.   mabye we could also have someone try and "arrest" the shampooer LOL.

GT

Here is the bottom line on HB239:

"The Board has determined this bill will increase state general fund revenue by $2,439 in FY 2006, $2,683 in FY 2007, $2,951 in FY 2008, and $3,244 in FY 2009"

Just another way to increase government income....

Pat K

You cant just let any one shampoo you could burn an eye out kid.

Kat Kanning

How about self-shampoo programs?  That could be really dangerous.  Maybe we need safety training (mandatory).

GT

HB239 Passed the House today.

Russell Kanning

So what do you think it actually means?

Lloyd Danforth

It means that an unnecessary bureauocracy has had it's powers and control increased, arbitrarily.
It limits competition and makes it more difficult to get into or start a business.

GT

I don't know what the amendment was, but I assume since it passed it's on it way to becomeing law.