• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Where in NH can people put up signs legally w/o permit?

Started by Dave Ridley, February 07, 2005, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I'm thinking of going "tubing" in the Keene area or maybe other parts of NH, puting flyers in people's newspaper tubes.  The flyers will ask if the property owner is willling to have me put up a sign on their property that says

Help Keep
NH Free
NHfree.com

I want to know which areas might allow the sign and which might fine the property owner.

jgmaynard

In 2003, the NH Supreme Court struck down as unconstitutional ALL laws in the state about political advertising on private property.

Ergo. there are ZERO laws in the state about it. :D

If you'd been paying more attention to the NH publicity before that state vote, you'd know that, Dave.... ;)

JM

Dave Ridley

Actually it gets even better (tell me if I'm wrong but....)

Mary from Unity tells me in fact you can just put a sign up anywhere on a state road and it may stay there for a year, nothing bad happens apparently to you or the sign.  So maybe just visiting the sides of roads near state highway intersections will do the trick.

jgmaynard

Not technically legal, but everyone does it. Just clean 'em up after the election. That's the unspoken deal.

JM

Dave Ridley

I wonder what would happen if we put  NH underground signs up when there's no election

jgmaynard

Think that would be a no-no. The election signs are tolerated cause it's an election, and they don't wanna get into free-speech arguments with candidates. :)

JM

Dave Ridley

arright then what I'm plannign on doing is either going tubing or having someone else go tubing.

I or others could placde the following message in people's newspaper boxes:

---

Freedom in New Hampshire

If it's important to you, there's a way you can help preserve it...just by nodding your head.  Our organization, New Hampshire Underground, runs the state's most active web forum...a place where NH liberty lovers work together against taxes and government excess.

We need to get the word out about our activities.  To do this we are donating signs to property owners like you.   If you want one and would like to display it along the roadside, we can send someone by to put one up in the location of your choosing.   The sign says: 

Help keep
NH Free
NHFree.com

It is about 3' x 3'...stenciled black lettering on a white background.

If you choose to have this sign on your land, hundreds or thousands of motorists will see it every week.   It will draw more people to our website and forum...and that will translate into bigger protests against bigger government.  It will mean more freedom lovers testifying at the state house, running for office, writing letters to the editor.  It will mean there are more of us you can turn to for help when Big Brother comes knocking on *your* door.

If you'd like to have a sign or attend an Underground social in your area, give me a shout!   

(so and so)
New Hampshire Underground
NHFree.com
(phone)
(email)

---

better ideas are welcome...