• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Doctors Note

Started by GT, February 07, 2005, 08:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

My son went snowboarding this past weekend. He took a spill and fell down onto his right wrist. We spent Saturday night in the ER. After X-raying his wrist they could not be sure if it was sprained or broken. The area of pain indicated a possible break in a place that is very difficult to detect a break via x-ray. They suggested having it x-rayed again in about a week if the pain does not go away.

This morning I sent a note into the school advising of the sprained possibly broken wrist. He has a splint and sling. His fingers and thumb are imobile in the splint. The hand he injured is also is his writing hand.

Here is the part that really gets me. His English teacher, after reading my note, and seeing the splint and sling assigned him 20 minutes of writing in his reading journal for home work. Apparently since I am NOT a doctor my notes do not count.

wdg3rd

Well, when I was in the third grade, my right wrist was very definitely broken.  I sort of learned to write with my left hand.  And then again when I broke both bones in my right forearm in the sixth grade I had a refresher course.  Since my handwriting with either hand is pretty much illegible, I print notes or otherwise type.

Russell Kanning

Gotta love those government schools

Lloyd Danforth

G,
You're lucky the school didn't report you to the police concerning your child's injuries, given the way things work today.
Maybe you should go after the school for child abuse, using the assignment as evidence!

Lloyd Danforth