• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ISO Porc Webhosting services

Started by sandm000, April 29, 2006, 04:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

RichDPhoto

Quote from: dead president on May 09, 2006, 11:41 AM NHFT

I'm game. We can start today. I use csoft.net. $40 bucks a month for an account that allows reselling:

http://csoft.net/corporate-vhost.html

Once you get a few customers you can move to a dedicated server...maybe co-lo something.....

Or something like that.

The only downside is that the equipment isn't owned/operated by porcs, which I think is (at least) part of the concept here ... :D

These CSoft people seem to have their act together, anyway.

b1ueemu

I currently live in Maine where I've been studying and running a fledgling technology consulting company. I will be moving to Portsmouth within the next two months and bringing my firm down there. The wait is over, I'm ready to start getting things accomplished and begin working on my residency (two years for State House). I intend on helping to organize and lead both political and economic/business efforts in the Seacoast area and abroad, and I very much look forward to working with you all.

In the mean time, however, I'd gladly set any of you up with hosting. Bandwidth in New Hampshire is not exactly cheap, nor is it necessary in most situations to have the servers local. I have two very nice virtual servers which I moved all of my clients over to (from a T1 and DSL/Cable backup feeds). They serve the purpose flawlessly. I generally deal with open source software, but I'm willing to work with anything you need.

Programming is my primary focus and I have web designers in my group, let me know what you need and I'm more than willing to give you a bid. As per basic hosting, I'll drop my fee from $10 to $7 per month for you all, assuming reasonable bandwidth and storage use. This is more than you will pay a mass-hoster; I don't even try to compete with them. Hosting is just part of a package which I provide to my customers. We do have an SSL certificate which you are more than welcome to chip in on and use, but it does look kind've strange to share them.

A number of the solutions I've been working on lately have been ecommerce with osCommerce being the software. I'm not terribly impressed with the shape of the code, but it's open source and thereby very configurable, and I've not run into any debilitating bugs.

Let me know,

James

b1ueemu

Oh, and by the way, if we get to the point where we're using enough bandwidth to justify having servers locally, I'm more than willing to set up such a thing. I have a good deal of experience. What you'll find, however, is that we'll need to be pushing a large amount of bandwidth to make this cost effective.

James

CrucialServers

sandm000

Hello, Hello.
Not just another zombie thread.

So, I have a couple questions:
1) is this your hosting company? Or are you an employee of this company?
2) if I were to purchase services from Crucial Servers, how much would be sent to FedGov?

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in Porc owned or Porc friendly hosting.

Thanks,
Brian

CrucialServers

1) is this your hosting company? Or are you an employee of this company?

Yes I'm the owner and we have 4 staff members and we work from home! And have a small office in Manchester.

2) if I were to purchase services from Crucial Servers, how much would be sent to FedGov?

I pay NH business taxes and how much would be sent to the FEDGOV? Hopefully none

It was a zombie thread, I didn't mean to bump it either just thought I could help around here a little more!

sandm000

Hey, I appreciate your bringing the subject back up, especially since both you and I may benefit.

d_goddard

I have no immediate hosting needs but I'm glad to see this thread back alive.
If I ever need hosting services in the future, I'd prefer to give my business to a Porc Freedom Fighter

So, CrucialServers... are you a freedom fighter? I'm just curious. Feel free to answer on a different, more on-topic thread.

CrucialServers

Of course, I been doing business in New Hampshire for 7 years total. I also got my girlfriend to move to New Hampshire with me, she moved from lynnfield. she cant belive how clean our streets are how nice the landscape is and how the laws are so open.

I would NEVER move anywhere else!

PS.  she likes the fact that she dont have to pay excise tax on her car  (EXPENSIVE in MA)

Also my business is focused on New Hampshire becasue I have a competative advantage here, the hosting market is a billion dollar industry and just about anyone a little savvy can start one at age 12. I bring my expertise to host a lot of business in New Hampshire and personal sites and even a fortune 1000 company. It's awesome I LOVE NH.

d_goddard

Quote from: CrucialServers on August 16, 2006, 11:40 AM NHFT
It's awesome I LOVE NH.
All good things... thank you :)
Do you attend protests?
Do you engage the legislature?
It's OK if you answer "never done that" to either; it's great if you answer "I will now!" :D

CrucialServers

I have donated my time and expertise with FSP. I'm an honest person but I have never engaged in protests. However I do a lot of things and read a lot of issues and I do as much as I can!! Thats why I'm here...... I want NH to continue to be free and have more doors opened to become even more free.

d_goddard

Quote from: CrucialServers on August 16, 2006, 12:40 PM NHFT
I have donated my time and expertise with FSP.
Groovy. Ditto :)

I'm an honest person but I have never engaged in protests.
Protests usually aren't my bag, either, but I recognize them as (in some cases) useful tools.

However I do a lot of things and read a lot of issues and I do as much as I can!! Thats why I'm here...... I want NH to continue to be free and have more doors opened to become even more free.
Awesome.
You might really, really want to check in with the NHLA, especially once they start up the "legislative field trips" this fall. Being in NH, the individual citizen can have so much influence on the legislature, if they know how to make proper use of it.

Till then... how about contacting the Executive Council?
(yeah, I know, I'm a slave-driver)

CrucialServers

You should contact me too!    :P 

No slave driving, just encouraging

KBCraig

James, I just gave a referal for Crucial. If you hear from an Ohio gun rights organization, that came from me.

Kevin

CrucialServers