• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo v. City of New London RALLY! February 20, 2005

Started by Russell Kanning, February 08, 2005, 11:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Wow that city official in MN should be tarred and feathered >:D

BlueLu

I heard this when it broadcast.  It was especially gratifying to hear the reporter call IJ, "the libertarian Institute for Justice".  This is the first time I can remember that adjective being stuck in front of a name on a news program, when it did not sound like it was an attempt to marginalize the thing being named.

Kat Kanning

Oh yeah, the NPR report said they expected a decision from the Supreme Court by summer.  I guess these things take a while  :-\

Russell Kanning

Even computer magazine writer Dvorak has this issue on his blog dvorak.org and specifically here

Kat Kanning

Dear Friends,

As promised, the Kelo v. New London argument transcript is now available online.  Below are the links to the PDF and the Supreme Court's main transcript page.

Kelo: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/04-108.pdf

Main page: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts.html
(Lingle v. Chevron - another property rights case heard the day of Kelo - is also available on this site.)

Best wishes,
Elizabeth Moser
Outreach Coordinator
emoser@ij.org

Steven Anderson
Castle Coalition Coordinator
sanderson@ij.org

Institute for Justice
1717 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Suite 200
Washington, DC 20006
202-955-1300
fax 202-955-1329
Litigating for Liberty: www.IJ.org
Castle Coalition: www.castlecoalition.org

Kat Kanning

There should be a ruling on this real soon.

Supposedly they're be issuing their ruling on medical marijuana today too.

Kat Kanning

Cool on the training.  Are you starting a NH chapter?

AlanM

The only things worse than the sheeple public are the sheeple politicians.