• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Regional real-estate terms I'm not familiar with

Started by 9thmoon, May 04, 2006, 05:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

9thmoon

Thank you, freedom, I'll do that!  I'm also having trouble finding good resources comparing Rockingham and Hillsborough counties from a taxes/pricing/law perspective... any chance you have suggestions for that as well? 

Dreepa

Taxes are basically on a per town basis.
People claim Rockingham to be the 'fastest growing county.'

9thmoon

Yeah, I'm looking for a single-family, but if the prices I'm seeing are actually so good that I could afford a duplex for what I'd planned on paying for a single-family, I might make some money back renting out the other half.  That's what I was thinking, anyway.  Rents seem to be high in these areas. 

9thmoon

Pat McCotter

Quote from: 9thmoon on May 05, 2006, 07:11 PM NHFT
I'm so confused... ???
This house looks like a 4 bedroom/2 bath single-family home but it's described as a condex:

http://www.masiello.com/search_profile.cfm?propertyid=573e09a7-8a89-4efc-890e-9a34abf415a1&thiswindow=2&propNo=8#

It's also said to be a "3 Lvl T/H" - 3 floor townhouse. Sounds like only one unit is for sale at that price.

9thmoon

Phooey... I was thinking that price was a bit too good  ;) 

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on May 05, 2006, 01:23 PM NHFT
Think of a propane tank for a gas grill.  Now think of one on steroids that is 5 feet tall.  :D

Similar to this:

In my part of the country, they're all horizontal, and from 250-500 gallon capacity. The propane truck drives up, connects, and fills them up. I understand that in space-conscious New England, the vertical design is more common, and the bottles themselves get switched out.

Kevin

Pat K

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 05, 2006, 07:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: 9thmoon on May 05, 2006, 07:11 PM NHFT
I'm so confused... ???
This house looks like a 4 bedroom/2 bath single-family home but it's described as a condex:

http://www.masiello.com/search_profile.cfm?propertyid=573e09a7-8a89-4efc-890e-9a34abf415a1&thiswindow=2&propNo=8#

The add apears to be selling the whole house to me :-\

It's also said to be a "3 Lvl T/H" - 3 floor townhouse. Sounds like only one unit is for sale at that price.

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on May 05, 2006, 07:42 PM NHFT
Think of a propane tank for a gas grill.  Now think of one on steroids that is 5 feet tall.  :D

Similar to this:

In my part of the country, they're all horizontal, and from 250-500 gallon capacity. The propane truck drives up, connects, and fills them up. I understand that in space-conscious New England, the vertical design is more common, and the bottles themselves get switched out.

Kevin
Nah Mine are even BIGGER.  ;D

Zork

Quote from: Dreepa on May 05, 2006, 07:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 05, 2006, 07:42 PM NHFT

Similar to this:

Kevin
Nah Mine are even BIGGER.  ;D

Yeah, mine are about the diameter of those two combined.

Pat McCotter

Nash

KBCraig

9thmoon

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 05, 2006, 08:08 PM NHFT
There are these around here

I've only ever seen these at gas stations, for fueling up propane-converted vehicles or containers for gas grills, around here.  I've seen similar things, though, that are filled with heating oil, on the sides of some old houses. 

Pat K

Just can't help thinking, those tanks would hold a lot of BEER.