• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Regional real-estate terms I'm not familiar with

Started by 9thmoon, May 04, 2006, 05:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

9thmoon

Quote from: freedominnh on May 06, 2006, 06:02 AM NHFT
9th, that one might be split right down the middle and looks better than a lot of conversions.

Yeah.  I'm really having trouble accepting the architecture I'm seeing for sale on line, so far.  We were hoping to build our own much greener house, but we wouldn't have a place to live while we built (can't rent with 3 dogs) so we're kind of stuck buying an existing home. 

9thmoon

Is that a type of modular building?  I haven't looked into it, no, but I will.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on May 05, 2006, 08:34 AM NHFT
I liked this site:
http://www.pruverani.com/homes_land.asp
We apologize, but our Property Search feature only works with Internet Explorer.

Please download a current version of IE now.

hahahahahaha

KBCraig

Yeah, that's my reaction, too. Any website that requires IE is broken, and probably dangerous.

Russell Kanning

BTW back to the tanks ..... they do look funny to me here. The propane tanks are upright, but still really big. I also had never lived in an area where they burn oil for heat. I was mostly used to natural gas. It is kinda nice going from a government sponsored monopoly of natural gas to a market supplied variety.

Dreepa

I have propane, oil, wood and electricity in my house for heat. ;D

Russell Kanning

Yea ... we have oil, wood, little electric and used oil if we really get crazy. Kat likes to know we can burn stuff when the power goes off. :)

JonM

Quote from: russellkanning on May 09, 2006, 01:02 PM NHFT
Yea ... we have oil, wood, little electric and used oil if we really get crazy. Kat likes to know we can burn stuff when the power goes off. :)
What? You guys burn stuff even when the power doesn't go off!

Kat Kanning

I like to be warm.  Russell just burns things to be nice to me.

9thmoon

Ability to burn stuff - aka "fireplace" - is high on my list of must-haves for the new house. 

Dreepa

Russell doesn't need a fireplace... he like to burn shit in yards, parks etc. >:D

Kat Kanning

I've heard that dung makes a good fuel for heating, supposedly burns well.

Russell Kanning

What percentage of places in NH do you think have woodburning stoves?

Zork

Quote from: russellkanning on May 10, 2006, 02:52 PM NHFT
What percentage of places in NH do you think have woodburning stoves?

Never having been to NH (aside from I-95); my guess is a substantial fraction of them, particularly older homes.  In NJ, on my block alone, 10% of the houses have a chimney