• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rocketman's long awaited Move-In Party

Started by Rocketman, May 09, 2006, 07:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: CNHT on May 10, 2006, 02:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on May 10, 2006, 02:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on May 10, 2006, 02:40 PM NHFT
I know a place that would take them out here 'in the boonies'. 
I am assuming Jane calls them the boonies .... since she has never ventured this far west. :)

Warning ...... there have been a lot of hijackings in this area.

Never said Keene was the boonies, just think it's like Concord ? full of NPR types....liberals with scarfs thrown around their necks LOL

I'm an NPR person.

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on May 10, 2006, 03:41 PM NHFT
I can't believe you posted that here. Kat is not supposed to know.

Not supposed to know WHAT??? LOL  I'm confused.

That I have a boyfriend in Keene or that the Sentinel sucks? LOL

CNHT

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 10, 2006, 06:46 PM NHFT

I'm an NPR person.

Pat, you confuse me.  :-\
I rather like to think you are 'one who may listen to NPR' but not an "NPR TYPE", since they after all are big government advocates usually, esp when it comes to spending.

John

Quote from: Dreepa on May 10, 2006, 02:35 PM NHFT
Remember Keene is the center of NH.

Don't tell anyone yet.  It's going to be a surprize.   :o
Some of us . . . Well, we all have centers - it's all cool!

Seems like the "center" is Amherst this weekend!

citizen_142002

I might be able to make this. Then again, I might not be able to make this. Hope I see you guys there. Oh yeah, I'm good with heavy lifting.

Rocketman

Well, everything I own is in a sixteen foot truck -- packed pretty tight.  See y'all in a couple days!

CNHT

Quote from: Rocketman on May 11, 2006, 08:21 PM NHFT
Well, everything I own is in a sixteen foot truck -- packed pretty tight.  See y'all in a couple days!

I'm bringing some good stuff to eat to welcome my new neighbors down the road apiece!  :D

Rocketman

Wow, thanks Jane!  Brian won't be around for another month or so, unfortunately.

CNHT

Quote from: Rocketman on May 12, 2006, 12:22 AM NHFT
Wow, thanks Jane!  Brian won't be around for another month or so, unfortunately.

Well it's the least I can do for my new neighbor! I have been in touch with Brian so I know 'zactly when he's comin'.  ;D

Russell Kanning

Oh no ..... he is a southerner. Us Yankees are being invaded.

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on May 12, 2006, 05:03 AM NHFT

Tee hee! This is the kind of invasion I can deal with!

OH by the way folks if you are planning on helping please note that NH has a flood watch for this weekend! So wear your wellies and foul weather gear. (Translation = rubber boots and rain slickers)

Heavy rain on the way, flood watches posted in N.H.

CONCORD, N.H. Heavy rain is bringing the potential of flooding in southern New Hampshire today and this weekend.

The National Weather Service is posting flood watches in much of the southern half of the state through Sunday morning.
Forecasters are calling for two to four inches of rain starting this afternoon and lasting into Sunday morning, prompting a rapid rise in small rivers and streams as well as possible street flooding.
They say isolated areas in the Monadnock Region could see six inches of rain.

All the better to curl up with some warm food and stay put tonight.....

intergraph19

Russ, aren't you from California?  Yanky my butt, I'm one of the few here who's a true yankee, in just about every sence of the word.  ^_^

CNHT

Quote from: intergraph19 on May 12, 2006, 08:48 AM NHFT

Russ, aren't you from California?  Yanky my butt, I'm one of the few here who's a true yankee, in just about every sence of the word.  ^_^

I'd say Rusty is more like a 'yank-ER'. LOL    :P

Lloyd Danforth

Me too! Except for a little recent (1860) Irish.  On the rare ocaision that any of my ancestors moved out of New England, they or their children had the good sense to move back.

AlanM

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 12, 2006, 09:10 AM NHFT

Me too! Except for a little recent (1860) Irish.  On the rare ocaision that any of my ancestors moved out of New England, they or their children had the good sense to move back.

Native NHerite heyah.