• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nanny-State 911 up and running but needs new operators

Started by Dave Ridley, May 13, 2006, 12:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

OK now that we have lost a second trench line in the legislative battle to stop real ID in-state, it's time to start setting up our own infrastructure to pecefully fight back outside the legislative system. 

When one of us gets pulled over and then harrassed for not having a Fed-approved ID, or otherwise abused by authorities...we need our own version of 911 to call for help.  Instead of dreaming up the perfect system which will never be implemented, here is what I'm thinking for now:

Just call me.

Here is my number; put it in your speed dial:

721-1490

If you run into a problem of some kind with authorities for whatever reason get out your cell and ring me up the minute you anticipate a problem.  At any given time there is probably a 30% chance I won't be able to answer live but at least you can leave me a voice mail letting me know what's up, and what I can do to help.  If nothing else I can start getting the word out about your plight.  You could also use my voice mail to record your encounter; just be aware that the law in NH requires you to inform people they are being recorded.

Just the fact that cops see you broadcasting the encounter via your cell should make them cautious and take some of the heat off of you.  But also hopefully I when I get the info from you I can get it to our web forum quickly and/or make a call to their police HQ to start asking questions before you are even in the paddy wagon or impound lot.

This is just a crude start, but we have to start somewhere.  I hope others will step forward to add their numbers to the list so it does not all rest on me...i will not always be available to help! 

But I would like to think I am better than no help!

Over time I hope that something bigger and better will come of this, like an 800 number with 24-7 live response, phone trees and recording of calls.

But for now...your humble servant Dada with his little cell phone is Nanny State 911, version Alpha.   Put  him in your speed dial and give him a ring before you succumb to the slammer:  721-1490. 

Now...who among you will help me with this by adding your number as a backup number people can call?

FTL_Ian

Neat idea.  How about a "Liberty Line" for people to call to report violations of Liberty by the state?

That might spin off into a protection company.  A business protecting people from the state :)

aries

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 13, 2006, 12:16 AM NHFT
Neat idea.  How about a "Liberty Line" for people to call to report violations of Liberty by the state?

That might spin off into a protection company.  A business protecting people from the state :)

Like the Mafia? I always wanted to be in the mafia. Perhaps the government will classify us as a bunch of mafia-like deviants soon.

I haven't got a cell phone, so I can't offer my services, but I'll be able to soon.

Do you think a small pamphlet for the officer detailing why you don't carry a license would be useful?

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: katdillon on May 13, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT
Cool idea.  You can call us also:  357-2049

Is that your cell phone?  ;D

I can't do much to help in NH, but I'm almost always online and can spread the word if someone is in trouble. I don't have my phone when I'm at work (4-midnight, Sunday-Thursday), but I always have it at other times.

903-278-1840

I'm sure ready to change that area code to 603!

Kevin

Pat K

Some one asked if anyone had the area code for Nashua NH, I said it is 603, they asked how I new. I said all of NH is 603, they thought I was making that up. :)

Tom Sawyer

Thoughtful idea Dave. Nice to know that somebody cares.

I intend to get a NH cell number soon, this could be helpful at events etc. to coordinate the video/photog response teams.

tracysaboe

I just want to say this is an awesome idea.

This could convievably develope into a full network of civil disobedience, working outside the system -- and yes, as Ian said, perhaps even a volenteer private protection/policing company, ready  (along with the cooporative competition of other such organizations) to replace state functions when the state disolves.

Don't have a cell phone currently, so I'm probably not able to help much.

You CAN text my e-mail address gold_club_99@yahoo.com though if you need help spreading the word. I check it quite regularly.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

I found a bunch of companies that will do this but here is some software:
http://www.tti.net/PhoneTree/PhoneTree2000.html

This doesn't look like it costs too much.

Maybe we could even rent it out for other groups?

Russell Kanning

We have built a phone tree of sorts before. Maybe we could have one person head it up and organize it. Then the rest of us can have a few numbers we call when something happens.

Dreepa

Maybe a 2 people... one in state and one out of state.

Dave Ridley

Even if we don't have an organized phone tree a disorganized one should be able to fill the gap.  If you just call 2 or three people and ask them to call a few others with an action item or URL to visit, we can get the word out pretty fast about things.  There would be some duplication of effort, but as Napolean said:  "Unhappy the general who arrives on the battlefield with a system."

Atlas

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 13, 2006, 12:16 AM NHFT
Cool, maybe this could be the job I was looking for.