• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

May 06 nhla newsletter

Started by Dave Ridley, May 14, 2006, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

NHLA NEWS, May 2006

It has been a busy spring across the state and in Concord. Thank you to all our
members who've been out there helping the cause of liberty.

NOMINATIONS FOR SECRETARY AND DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH

Calvin Pratt, current Director of Research for the NHLA, as announced that he will
not be asking for another term on the Board of Directors after his current term
expires this June.  Cal has served with the organization since shortly after it
began, and through his scholarship has earned the NHLA much respect with various
legislative committees.  Thanks Cal, for all your hard work.

The secretary of the NHLA, Karl Beisel, has announced his resignation in order to
concentrate his energies on his upcoming race for state representative.  In his
resignation, Karl wrote, "In order to ensure that I have the maximum time and
energy available to put into the race, I have decided to resign as Secretary of
the NHLA, effective upon the election of a new Secretary, which I hope will occur
as soon as possible.  I have greatly enjoyed working with the NHLA and look forward
to continuing that work in the future as a rank-and-file member."  The Board
of the NHLA wishes Karl much luck with his campaign, and thanks him for his service
to the organization.  You'll be missed, Karl!

Anyone who would like to enter a nomination for the positions of Secretary or Director
of Research should please write to Rich Tomasso, chair, at rtomasso@nhliberty.org.

We are collecting nominations for the rest of May to conduct an election in June.
If you have any questions about the positions, please feel free to contact Cal or
Karl.

2006 LIBERTY DINNER

The 2006 Liberty Dinner will be held from 6 pm to 9 pm on the evening of Friday,
June 30th, at The Derryfield Country Club in Manchester.  Speakers will include
Joseph McQuaid, publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Individual tickets to the event are $50, with a table of eight costing $320.  That's
a savings of 20%.  Legislators, children, and volunteers may attend for only $25.

Tickets will be on sale soon at our website, www.nhliberty.org, or they may be purchased
immediately by sending a check or money order made payable to the NHLA to:

NHLA
Liberty Dinner
PO Box 4241
Manchester NH 03108-4241

ACTIVIST OF THE YEAR

The NHLA will recognize the "Activist of the Year" at the Liberty Dinner.
The board is now taking nominations from the membership.  If you know of someone
deserving of this award, please contact Dave Mincin at dmincin@nhliberty.org.

RUNNING FOR OFFICE?

If you are considering a run for office this Fall, please contact Don Gorman at
dgorman@nhliberty.org.  The NHLA will be offering at least one training seminar
before the filing period, and "The Don" will be there to share his experience
and advice to help you through the process so you know what to expect.

Don't forget: the filing period for the Fall Election is June 7 to June 16.

Also, Spectrum Printing in Manchester is offering a free Campaign School for GOP
members the weekend of June 3-4, 2006, taught by former Maine legislator and campaign
manager Adam Mack.  Space is limited, so RSVP now to Kerry Marsh at Spectrum Printing,
627-0042.  For more information, write to kmurphy@nhliberty.org.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

The NHLA has volunteer opportunities cropping up all over!  First, we'll have some
folks at the GONH Legislative Shoot on May 15th, standing ready with NHLA pins,
shirts, and our all-important report cards.  We're already trying to line up volunteers
for the upcoming Porcupine Festival the last week of June, to man our table and
take new memberships.  Finally, with up to a dozen NHLA members launching real and
viable campaigns for state office this Fall we'll be looking for volunteers to help
get these pro-liberty voices elected to the legislature.

If you can help out with any of these, please contact our volunteer coordinator
Jon Bender at volunteer@nhliberty.org.

COMING SOON: A SPIFFY NEW WEBSITE!

Kat Kanning

What's going to happen with the money you all raised for the civic action portion of the NHLA?  Is there something planned?

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 14, 2006, 08:54 PM NHFT
Thanks Cal, for all your hard work.
Hear, hear.
I am blown away by how knowledgeable Cal is on New Hampshire government. His insight has played in the unsung background on more liberty issues that I can shake a stick at!
I sure hope Cal makes a run for the NH House.

Karl Beisel, has announced his resignation in order to concentrate his energies on his upcoming race for state representative.
Wooo-hoo!
Way to go, Karl!!!
If there's anything people can do to help your race, just say the word.

For anyone who doesn't know, Karl is the man behind http://generalcourt.org , the website that demonstrates how much better a private organization can do stuff compared to the clunky State-maintained site!

RUNNING FOR OFFICE?
Please, please, consider the above very seriously.
Every single person we get into the State House has a huge pro-liberty impact.
Just look at how much Neal Kurk has done, and he's "just a rep", one of 400.
Yes, it's pretty much impossible to hold a typical 9-to-5 job and be a Rep, but it's not a year-round 40-hour job either.
Even if you can't be a Rep., running for local office (School board, etc) can have a big impact -- you'd be in a position to fight creeping government in a very direct fashion.

Atlas

Good Luck with the races yall.

Dreepa

Things to think about if you are not in NH yet:

1.  If you live near NH you can help out some weekends on the campaigns... including election day.

2.  Money always helps.  I know that Keith Murphy is having a fundraiser next week.