• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

HOV lanes and toll roads?

Started by 9thmoon, May 16, 2006, 11:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

9thmoon

Does NH have high occupancy vehicle/HOT/"diamond" lanes? 

How about toll roads/bridges/etc? 

Ruger Mason

Quote from: 9thmoon on May 16, 2006, 11:32 PM NHFT
Does NH have high occupancy vehicle/HOT/"diamond" lanes?

No.

How about toll roads/bridges/etc? 

Yes.  I-95 in Portsmouth, I-93 in Hooksett, Everett Turnpike, and the one near Dover I can't think of the name.

Kat Kanning

We don't need HOV lanes...there's virtually no traffic.

aries

Only a few tolls.

My part of the state doesn't really have any highway, anyway.

Alot of people come into the store where I work not realizing that Berlin is about 45 miles from the nearest highway, although getting there you can go a good 60MPH for most of the ride.

FrankChodorov

we are on the cusp of starting a very large and costly highway construction project to have I93 become 4 lanes north and south between the Massachusetts border and Concord that may include HOV lanes...

Dreepa

Also the tolls are .75 on the Everett Turnpike.  There are 2 of them between Concord and the MA border.

I don't know the cost of the other tolls ( because I haven't been on them).

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 07:44 AM NHFT
Also the tolls are .75 on the Everett Turnpike.  There are 2 of them between Concord and the MA border.

really only one in Bedford because the one in Hooksett is technically on I93

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on May 17, 2006, 07:48 AM NHFT

I stand corrected... On the road that I take from Concord to MA.. that changes names 4 fuckin' times they charge me .75 two different times.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 08:34 AM NHFT

I stand corrected... On the road that I take from Concord to MA.. that changes names 4 fuckin' times they charge me .75 two different times.

in otherwords in your state of confusion they got ya coming and going...

president

If you use ezpass you save 30%  ;)

I think they charge .50 if you get on or off one of the toll exits on part of the Everett Turnpike....

Dreepa

Quote from: dead president on May 17, 2006, 09:04 AM NHFT

If you use ezpass you save 30%  ;)

I think they charge .50 if you get on or off one of the toll exits on part of the Everett Turnpike....
I thought that they got ride of the ezpass savings once they got rid of the tokens.

Yes I think it might be .50 in some places maybe even a .25... I have never taken any of those exits.

president

???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_Turnpike
The Frederick E. Everett Turnpike, also called the Central New Hampshire Turnpike, is a toll road in New Hampshire, USA, running 44 miles from the Massachusetts border at Nashua north to Concord. Portions of the road are shared with U.S. Highway 3, Interstate 93, and Interstate 293.
In particular, the southern portion of the turnpike, in Nashua, is posted as U.S. Highway 3. North of Nashua, the turnpike has no number, but parallels US-3, which is a toll-free local road variously known as Concord Street and the Daniel Webster Highway. In the Manchester area, the turnpike is Interstate 293. North of Manchester, the turnpike is Interstate 93 to its terminus in Concord.

There are two mainline toll plazas on the turnpike, in Bedford and Hooksett. Ramp tolls also exist in Merrimack, Bedford, and Hooksett.
A Welcome center exists in Nashua, and major rest areas combined with state-run liquor stores straddle the highway in Hooksett just north of the mainline toll plaza.

The turnpike is operated by the New Hampshire Department of Transportation Bureau of Turnpikes.

president

Quote from: Dreepa on May 17, 2006, 09:06 AM NHFT
I thought that they got ride of the ezpass savings once they got rid of the tokens.

Yes I think it might be .50 in some places maybe even a .25... I have never taken any of those exits.
Stop thinking.  ;)

Toll Rate Chart:
http://www.nh.gov/dot/bureaus/turnpikes/documents/TollRateChart2005.pdf

9thmoon

Thank you all once again.  I have never seen or travelled on a toll road so it's an alien concept to me.  I guess I'll need to carry a roll of quarters.

9thmoon

Quote from: FrankChodorov on May 17, 2006, 05:43 AM NHFT
we are on the cusp of starting a very large and costly highway construction project to have I93 become 4 lanes north and south between the Massachusetts border and Concord that may include HOV lanes...

Is it already approved and funded and everything?